Half way to goal (half way to quitting)

Options
I'm half way to my goal (measurement wise and weight) but finding myself stalling after the first milestone. Any advice for those people who get a little of the way and think they're done?
I'm going to make the next mile stone as small as possible, so that I can pick up momentum again and hit the next one!

Replies

• pandaexpressive
    Options
    Awesome!! What did you do to get there? Im new at this, i really wanna know, im wanting to lose some lbs.
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Maybe make yourself a 'before and during' picture juxtaposition. It's easy to forget how far you've come! I would format it so there was a blank space on the right for 'after' and have it as my desktop image so I could see it every day.

Honestly, I thought I would give up halfway (I've done that before). I thought I'd get to the stage where I was no longer fat but just OK and then would lose my motivation - but MFP just made it really easy to keep going. Logging had become a habit!

Good luck :)
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    just keep on trekking. re-evaluate your goals and make sure they are up to par with your progress thus far

just remember, you are not half way to quitting. if you quit, you are almost certain to gain weight back. there is a reason we like to call this a lifestyle change and not a diet, if you dont continue to put into practice what has helped you lose weight, there is a pretty good chance you will end up overeating once again and end up back at square one
  • jtrack3d
    jtrack3d Posts: 91
    Options
    Well, I would never say half way to quitting! You are half way to a new goal ;)

I am also in the half way boat and I think as we get closer the amount lost will diminish. So, you have to have extra stick to-it-ness.

For me, I am being a little more careful to be sure I measure what I eat correctly, get enough sleep, get enough water, and exercise.