Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred - Advice/Results?

Options
I start the 30 day shred today. I have googled alot about the set and seem to be finding great information and results from others. Has anyone here done it? Whats your feedback? I plan to do cardio on my lunches and then when I get home Ill do the videos. with of course dieting, I am set right now 1350 cal intake... I am pretty excited.

I have had two children and really need to target the tummy, I know you can't work a specific area and the tummy area seems to bet the last to go, but did anyone notice a great difference in their mid-section after completing the program?

All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

OH!! and if anyone is wanting to start with me today, send me a request we will help each other through it :) Thanks!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I did this last year at this time...It took me 33 days to complete (due to factors beyond my control)

From the start to the finish I lost the following:

3.5lbs
    3.5 inches from my chest - 41.5 inches to 38
    2 inches from bra band area - 36 inches to 34
    1 inch from waist - 33inches to 32 (natural waist)
    1 inch from belly button area - 37.5 to 36.5
    1 inch from my hips - 41 to 40

The 2nd round I did I lose more weight...4.5lbs but I was weighing my food then too...lost 4 inches most of it from my mid section. I also took weekends off during the 2nd round...so I ended up doing about 7 days at each round...as I said I would do the round until I could do all exercise non modified...
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    This is my before picture and after picture. I got some great results. I didn't lose any weight, but gained a lot of definition and strength and endurance. Plus I lost several inches all over.

qsun1d.png

9ht1ld.png
  • nsala86
    nsala86 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just started it yesterday so I can't speak to results yet, but it was a great workout in a short period of time and works your whole body. I definitely feel it this morning. And I do feel it in my ab muscles and thighs especially. My first child really took a toll on my weight as well so I am trying to get that off and get back in shape. I'll add you and we can follow progress together!
  • pinkvici
    pinkvici Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just commented on another 30DS post (in motivation and support).

I have done this and now doing 2 other JM DVDs - I love her!! I lost 2 inches from my waist and 1 from my hips - I can definitely start to see some definitiion (and my main aim was also toning after childbirth).

Good luck with it!
  • Cndngirl
    Cndngirl Posts: 15
    Options
    I start the 30 day shred today. I have googled alot about the set and seem to be finding great information and results from others. Has anyone here done it? Whats your feedback? I plan to do cardio on my lunches and then when I get home Ill do the videos. with of course dieting, I am set right now 1350 cal intake... I am pretty excited.

I have had two children and really need to target the tummy, I know you can't work a specific area and the tummy area seems to bet the last to go, but did anyone notice a great difference in their mid-section after completing the program?

All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

OH!! and if anyone is wanting to start with me today, send me a request we will help each other through it :) Thanks!

I actually just borrowed the DVD from the library last week. Is there more to the 30 Day Shred besides the workout DVD?
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow. I've done this program once and I saw fantastic results. So I thought I'd do it again! Feel free to add me.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I think its fine for a beginner but I didn't see great results from it. You can start there and work your way up to something better, like plain ole lifting weights.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 18 this morning. I took progress pics on Day 15. Here is the link (sorry for being lazy but I'm on my cell phone):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1311915-my-first-progress-pics

I would say that the workout has DEFINITELY changed my midsection. I didn't realize that there had been such a significant change until I put those photos side by side. I haven't weighed myself since day 1 (I will weigh in on day 30) but I don't really care about the numbers on the scale if I continue to see results like these (:

Good luck! And stick with it!!
  • sissitje
    sissitje Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm at day 9 and I can tell u that there's a difference between the first day and today in terms of endurance! I thought I was going to die at day 1, now it feels a lot easier.

I haven't seen any results yet, since I weighted myself only once, but I think it's also probably because I'm gaining muscles and I also have to measure myself again (I did take a before picture and measure myself in the beginning, but I'm waiting for the last day of the program to see the difference).

I can definitely say that I'm not fighting with my jeans like I did before.

Also I'm taking in 1200 kcal to 1300 kcal per day.

Hope I helped you a bit :-)
    (you can add me if you want)

Greatz and stick with it!