Eggs

Options

Replies

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Fried over medium is yummy (white is solid, yoke in still runny). Best with toast!

French toast - scramble 2 medium eggs with a bit of milk and about 1/4 tsp vanilla, dip bread in the eggs, and cook in the skillet. Doesn't take long, and you can have them with fruit instead of syrup (or with jam, honey, powdered sugar, whatever)

Not a breakfast necessarily, but I like to poach an egg in the pot as I'm cooking Ramen (I don't have it often). If you drop it in right after putting the noodles in, it's perfect when the noodles are done. Adds protein and nutrients :wink:

Or you can just try poaching the egg by itself, bring the water to a boil, drop the eggs in and cook for 3-4 minutes.
  • lemonsnlove
    lemonsnlove Posts: 200
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    In for fritattas. My new egg fave is a poached egg on an toasted english muffin (or toast) with a slice of cheese and side of tomatoes.
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm the strange one here... I cook southern style hash browns 1/2 cup that have the peppers and onions in them,using my smallest frypan . When they get crispy, I throw in a beaten egg and I slice of cheese, turn down the heat, put a lid on and check when the egg is set and cheese is melted. So it has a crisp bottom and eggy, cheesy top. Sometimes I also add sliced mushrooms when browning the hash browns. I eat mine plain, but my family adds hot sauce or salsa. Trust me , this takes you way past lunch.. Hope you like this

After reading this I am disappointed that I've already had my egg this AM. Will definitely be doing this sometime this week!
  • mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    1 - Hard boil them and add to tuna or chicken salad
    2 - Hard boiled and plain as a snack
    3 - Raw egg whites or egg white powder to smoothies and protein shakes
    4 - Meringue cookies
    5 - Egg custard with egg yolks (although it's pretty calorie-dense)
    6 - Add to casseroles to thicken
    7 - Quiche
    8 - Deviled eggs
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm the strange one here... I cook southern style hash browns 1/2 cup that have the peppers and onions in them,using my smallest frypan . When they get crispy, I throw in a beaten egg and I slice of cheese, turn down the heat, put a lid on and check when the egg is set and cheese is melted. So it has a crisp bottom and eggy, cheesy top. Sometimes I also add sliced mushrooms when browning the hash browns. I eat mine plain, but my family adds hot sauce or salsa. Trust me , this takes you way past lunch.. Hope you like this

Will have to try this, it sounds good....thanks
  • GonnaLoseIt50Plus
    Options

After reading this I am disappointed that I've already had my egg this AM. Will definitely be doing this sometime this week!

RIGHT!!! It all sounds so good!
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Omelettes! Now that I've learned how to do them I make them all the time. I throw whatever I want into it. My omelettes are made with two egg whites and 1 large egg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's dad has given us a ton of venison sausage, so I've been doing omelettes for dinner. Super yum with sausage, bell peppers, mushrooms, cheese and salsa. I also like quiches, but I've never actually attempted to make one on my own.
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mini Chili Relleno Casseroles

Makes: 4 servings, two 6-ounce or one 10-ounce casserole each

Active Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 35-45 minutes

INGREDIENTS2 4-ounce cans diced green chiles, drained and patted dry
    3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed and patted dry
    4 scallions, thinly sliced
    1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
    1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
    6 large egg whites
    4 large eggs
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Go to Eating Well for more great egg recipes
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Have made this recipe & very good. You can add/ change ingredients & seasonings.Jimmy Dean fully cooked turkey sausage
    Was a great addition.I usually saute diced (any color) pepper,green onion,mushrooms before adding to the eggs.Easy to reheat in micro.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/05/veggie-ham-egg-and-cheese-bake.html
  • jetobukur
    jetobukur Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I usually saute onions, peppers, mushrooms, and asparagus, then add egg whites with chopped spinach. I only season with oregano, pepper and cayenne pepper. I think I will use sriracha sauce next time. Makes for a delicious omlette. You can add cheese if you like.
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yummy!! Bump for later.
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I love mixing in a little feta and diced onion and putting my eggs on half an English muffin. So very yummy.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    How about Avocado Baked Eggs ?

Do a search for the recipe if interested.
    One egg is baked in 1/2 avocado for 15 minutes.
    Topped with s/p, pinch cayenne, crumbled bacon and chives.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    eggs are amazing :)
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    I second egg muffins! I do a mixture off egg whites with a few whole and place them and whatever toppings I want into a lined cupcake pan on Sunday. I make 12 and put place in the fridge and eat randomly through the week. My favorite combo is spinach and bacon.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Mini Chili Relleno Casseroles

Makes: 4 servings, two 6-ounce or one 10-ounce casserole each

Active Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 35-45 minutes

INGREDIENTS2 4-ounce cans diced green chiles, drained and patted dry
    3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed and patted dry
    4 scallions, thinly sliced
    1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
    1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
    6 large egg whites
    4 large eggs
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Go to Eating Well for more great egg recipes

Thanks :) Yum! I :heart: chile rellenos! Seriously, I ask for my mom's chile relleno casserole instead of a bday cake. I'd probably leave out the corn, though. Seems odd in a chile relleno. Have you tried this?
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hey, I guess I'm a chicken lady... ha ha we have 4 chickens and and old one that doesn't lay any more. We always have more than we can eat. My daughter hates eggs, even the smell of them. The rest of us eat them and we give them to friends and family when we have extra. Watch for them for sale when you're out for a drive in the country or at a farmers market. The yolks are so dark and taste so good.
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options

I do this with corned beef hash. It's awesome.