To all the teachers.....

Options
4homer
4homer Posts: 457 Member
and for anyone else who works with kids thank you. I have a son with special needs and his teacher has gone above and beyond anything I could have asked for, Hell she even got all the kids in the class room to help my son. I know you guys dont hear it enough but from a father like me thank you. As you can tell by my profile picture I am not a serous person but this post is as serous as it gets. So again thank you and keep up the good work

Replies

• 4homer
    Options
    Teachers do not get enough credit. In my state, they are almost looked at as spoiled villains anymore. Sad really. No one would be in the position they are today if it weren't for teachers. Nothing but praise from me for the job teachers do.
    first off Legend is epic lol and i agree. The change in my boy because of his teacher, it means the world to me.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I agree! Love my kids' teachers! They definitely do no get enough credit! Kudos to all great teachers everywhere!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • JSE81
    JSE81 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Not a teacher, but I work in the education system in schools. They do not receive enough credit. People dont seem to realise how much work they put in outside of the 9am-3pm school day.

Some of my teacher friends will start work at 7:30am and work til 4-5pm, then take marking home to do and then come in to work on weekends (both of which they dont get paid for).

Then there's the extra curricular stuff they take on, which they dont have to, but parents expect it.

All for a max of ~$80k/year.

P.S - Special needs schools are my favourite. Lovely kids, lovely staff. It takes a very patient, caring person to work in them and they have my utmost respect.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I'm in kindergarten...

and I love each and every little smooshy bear that comes my way...

...now...don't tell anyone or you will ruin my MFP reputation as a funbunnie.
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Great teachers deserve credit...well, more credit than they receive that's for sure.

Regular teachers, they deserve nothing more than what they receive.

Some show up to make a difference in the world - they deserve credit

Others show up for the bare minimum - this is where the bad wrap comes from.

There's far more mediocre teachers than great ones out there - the great ones definitely go unrecognised for the most part
  • 4homer
    Options
    I just want to add why i felt the need for this. My son was having problems in his old school this past year, and seeing how unhappy he was I decied to try transfer him (this around spring break) and the change is border line mircle. Before he had no friends, grades were slipping, and just sad. Now he has a whole class friends who goes out of there to help my son. Hell as I write this im crying. His teacher though, she is a godsend. She made it so for my son to like school again.
  • 4homer
    Options
    I'm in kindergarten...

and I love each and every little smooshy bear that comes my way...

...now...don't tell anyone or you will ruin my MFP reputation as a funbunnie.
    lol ok deal
  • rcc24again
    rcc24again Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks, just finished my 18th year and it's always great to hear about positive teachers making a difference.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Anyone who can work with 30 kids every day and not kill them is a hero in my book.
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your comments in regards to teachers. Unfortunately for me, high school teachers are rarely appreciated...not like elementary teachers. Parents with elementary students are actually interested in their kids lives. I wonder why they stop paying attention after 6th grade? That doesn't stop me, however, of trying to make a positive impact on the students lives. I won't reach everyone, but that doesn't stop me from trying.

I teach Life Skills at the high school level. What a blessing it is for me to see them every single day during the school year. They have impacted my life probably more than I have impacted theirs.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    and for anyone else who works with kids thank you. I have a son with special needs and his teacher has gone above and beyond anything I could have asked for, Hell she even got all the kids in the class room to help my son. I know you guys dont hear it enough but from a father like me thank you. As you can tell by my profile picture I am not a serous person but this post is as serous as it gets. So again thank you and keep up the good work

I like your popsicle...
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your comments in regards to teachers. Unfortunately for me, high school teachers are rarely appreciated...not like elementary teachers. Parents with elementary students are actually interested in their kids lives. I wonder why they stop paying attention after 6th grade? That doesn't stop me, however, of trying to make a positive impact on the students lives. I won't reach everyone, but that doesn't stop me from trying.

I teach Life Skills at the high school level. What a blessing it is for me to see them every single day during the school year. They have impacted my life probably more than I have impacted theirs.

I loved most of my high school teachers... if it wasnt for them I would of either dropped out for failed out... I have one high school teacher that helped me finish high school in 3years with college credits... I would be a teacher now if it wasnt for the college I started going to in my city...

Thanks to all the Teachers out there... My daughters 1st grade teacher worked with her so much and got her reading level for a below 1st to almost a 2nd grade level and I think you for this.. I don't know whjat I would do with out her...
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    My wife was a special education teacher, now school psychologist and I agree, they do not get enough credit for all that they must endure to help our children out. It also hurts to hear some of the stories she comes home with. Kids starving for attention and the only place they get it sometimes is at school. Hopefully in a positive light. But when you have a teacher that will work with you and respect you, it makes it all worth while. I wish all the teachers would get more credit for their efforts. After all, they spend a great deal of time with our kids on a daily basis.
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

^ This. I teach MS and HS, and, unfortunately from my experience, parents aren't as involved in their kids lives at those ages. It means a lot to see positives for teachers. I love my job, and I love my kids. To see them get excited and want to learn more and feel important in my classroom is more than enough for me.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    That is incredibly sweet! Thank you!

I've only been teaching for a while, but I know how disheartening it can be when teachers do great things with little recognition. We don't do this for the stardom or anything like that, but a pat on the back is always appreciated, especially when we are going above and beyond.

Thank you for this. :)
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Aww! That's so sweet, and exactly what I needed to hear as I'm currently on hour number 5 of report card writing! :)