1-2-3 Eggs on me!

joleanrook
joleanrook Posts: 117
edited September 22 in Recipes
For those of us who love a warm breakfast, crave protein, and like to feel like we're cheating when we're not.....

Hungry-girl.com has the solution. This site is my recipe resource heaven! I found these quick and painless egg based breakfast options in the archives.

Best of all, the "Egg mug classic" is already in the MFP database.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1784

Enjoy eating!

Replies

• I had a look.. do not understand why you would replace an actual egg for egg substitute. Why not just have a REAL egg. To each their own I guess. LOL
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I had a look.. do not understand why you would replace an actual egg for egg substitute. Why not just have a REAL egg. To each their own I guess. LOL
    ditto! Real eggs for me as well:wink::drinker:
  • Idk about egg substitute, I use 100% real liquid egg whites from the carton, same as the shelled kind but with no yolk - which is where all the fat and cholesterol is.

Lots of people love egg-beaters. I've tried them and they are yummy. I'm sticking with my egg whites for now though because they have tons of protein and very few calories.

Ps. You could still make these recipes using real eggs but you'll need to re-calculate for all the added fat.
  • Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    I am a hungry boy. This is perfect! This is my main reason for being on MFP. Simple dishes. I eat eggs daily, 1 whole and 6 egg whites. This will definitely spice up my eggs.
    Thank you so much!
    Anymore simple recipes for my tummy?
  • Pedroswar...

If you go to my profile on the bottom left you will see "My recent forum posts" click "see all" and then you can scroll through the topics to some other recipes I've posted.

Be sure to check out: "Cheese stix, Hot wings, onion rings, chicken strips and MORE" and "80 calorie fettucini alfredo".

:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Idk about egg substitute, I use 100% real liquid egg whites from the carton, same as the shelled kind but with no yolk - which is where all the fat and cholesterol is.

Lots of people love egg-beaters. I've tried them and they are yummy. I'm sticking with my egg whites for now though because they have tons of protein and very few calories.

Ps. You could still make these recipes using real eggs but you'll need to re-calculate for all the added fat.
    Eggs get a bad rap, the yolk is full of protein, that's where the protein is, along with healthy fat, vitamins B2, B12, D, and iron! Absolutely nothing wrong with eating the whole egg. Everything in moderation:wink::flowerforyou:

Thanks for the recipe idea:flowerforyou:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Thank you...this looks great!. One question, since it came from hungry girl, do i have to twirl my hair with my finger while I eat it?
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Thank you...this looks great!. One question, since it came from hungry girl, do i have to twirl my hair with my finger while I eat it?

No, but be careful, you might start to ovulate after eating it! :laugh:
  • Eggs get a bad rap, the yolk is full of protein, that's where the protein is, along with healthy fat, vitamins B2, B12, D, and iron! Absolutely nothing wrong with eating the whole egg. Everything in moderation:wink::flowerforyou:

Thanks for the recipe idea:flowerforyou:

More than half the calories found in eggs come from the fat in the yolk; a large 50-gram chicken egg contains approximately 5 grams of fat. People on a low-cholesterol diet may need to reduce egg consumption; however, only 27% of the fat in egg is saturated fat (palmitic, stearic and myristic acids[26]) that contains LDL cholesterol. The egg white consists primarily of water (87%) and protein (13%) and contains no cholesterol and little, if any, fat.

Additionaly 57% of the protein is found in the WHITES, not the yolk.
    Don't believe me, check out this Pro-yolk site: http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

The arguement can be made that yes, indeed, the yolk contains more nutirents than the whites... BUT the whites do contain less fat, calories, and more protein. Each dieter has to make their own decision as to what is more important for them.
This discussion has been closed.