Breakfast Help

Options
ani091769
ani091769 Posts: 13 Member
I'm struggling with good choices for breakfast. I can't eat eggs/egg whites due to a sensitivity issue. I really need protein in the AM or I feel lousy. I'm trying to avoid high sugar cereals or drinking my breakfast. Any ideas??

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal? Pancakes made with protein powder? Toast with peanut butter and a yogurt? Clif Bar (I love these)?
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese with fresh fruit or tomatoes. A turkey or ham sandwich on whole grain bread is great any time of day.
  • ani091769
    Options
    The pancakes made with protein powder sounds interesting...I'll have to check it out. I do have peanut butter off and on. Thanks!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast foods. Eat other sources of protein that you would have for lunch or dinner.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I was usually not a fan of breakfast foods (except for omelettes, which are a no-go for you), so I'd often eat chicken salads for breakfast. People thought I was weird, but relatively low calorie, and lots of protein. Usually I did lettuce with grilled chicken, black beans, corn, different veggies, sometimes avocado, and either salsa or vinaigrette to top it off. Yummy. Not the quickest meal. I now do some milk and a protein shake just because it's fast and easy. You could also do beef/turkey jerky if you don't have a problem with the salt.

Here are some good protein sources:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/926789-protein-sources
  • ani091769
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess I just need to get out of the "breakfast foods" mindset and just eat what works for me. Thanks for all the suggestions. I've got some good ideas :)