r u straving your self?

Options
So, I am at work on this Monday morning wishing I was not here and a lady on my team walks up to me and says "OMG!! are you starving yourself?"

Um...

No. I was kinda put off for a moment because I just wasn't expecting this today. I have lost 20 lbs in 3 months but starving... that's pretty ridiculous.

I want to be excited that she noticed my weight loss but the way she commmented on it was a little insulting.

Has this happened to others while losing weight? and how did you deal with it?

I am non-confrontational so I tend just to keep my mouth shut and move on :)

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    People are rude.

I have had people say similar things to me. I am pretty outspoken so I get them off my back quickly with a confident little blurb about tracking my calories and nutrition on this website.

If they have further ignorant comments, I walk away or (in a bright firm tone) tell them they are being rude.
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I haven't had it happen but I can imagine what I would say if they were being serious when asking that....something along the lines of what seltzermint said, honestly. Then I would question their ability to think cause HELLO I am or was a fat girl and you don't think I LOVE eating?!?!? Like seriously..think before you speak lol
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I am non-confrontational so I tend just to keep my mouth shut and move on :)

Hasn't happened to me yet, but my response would be exactly the same as yours. Oh, and I'd probably mark that individual as someone whose mouth opens and spouts nonsense before brain is fully engaged..

I do actually forget that I've lost weight and that others see me differently than 6 months ago, but I'm not much interested in others' opinions about most things.. ;-)