Something has to give

Options
Hi everyone. I am a 33 year old mother of 3. I currently stand 5'5 and 263. The only health issues I have right now are arthritis and degenerative disc disease. I broke into tears this morning. The food just isn't worth this. I am in so much pain. I sound like a bowl of rice crispies when I move. I have been taking care of everyone else. It is time to take care me. I am usually a funny nerdy chick who loves to laugh, but I will admit I feel like Eeyore today... I don't have a skinny girl to go back to... I was 180 at 12. I need to lose 100lbs for my health and I will be going into uncharted territory. I need some help and support guys. I know where to start, but I don't... lol

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent
  • fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome. One step at a time. Just start by consistently and accurating logging everything you eat. Have patience.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the sentiment of not having a "skinny girl" to go back to (was in the high 150s in the 5th grade and continued to climb from there). Friend request sent!
  • andibenoit
    andibenoit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request, too... We have a lot in common. Welcome.
  • katew221
    katew221 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Friend request send :) you are so brave to make this first step :flowerforyou:
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    "I know where to start, but I don't... lol "

You know where to start - at the beginning :) Ba da Bing (rim shot)

Friend request sent.

You already made the 1st step....
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. One day at a time :) And def read the sexypants link. It's gold.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,227 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! THE most important thing you can do is to log your food and drink intake as HONESTLY and accurately as possible. Every single bite or sip. When I began logging, I didn't really 'monitor' or censor what I was eating. I just logged as accurately as possible. I was immediately shocked at how much I was eating (calorie-wise), and then slowly started making changes and different food choices. When I started, I was in the 'obese' BMI category, weighing over 200 pounds at 5'4". The next time I record a loss, I'll be back into the 'normal' BMI category (hopefully thursday). It CAN be done, you CAN do it - as long as you're honest with yourself. Good luck, beautiful!
  • cicibeanz
    cicibeanz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request as well. Let's do this!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am a 33 year old mother of 3. I currently stand 5'5 and 263. The only health issues I have right now are arthritis and degenerative disc disease. I broke into tears this morning. The food just isn't worth this. I am in so much pain. I sound like a bowl of rice crispies when I move. I have been taking care of everyone else. It is time to take care me. I am usually a funny nerdy chick who loves to laugh, but I will admit I feel like Eeyore today... I don't have a skinny girl to go back to... I was 180 at 12. I need to lose 100lbs for my health and I will be going into uncharted territory. I need some help and support guys. I know where to start, but I don't... lol

What needs to give is your current mindset. Adopt a new one and begin with a few changes rather than trying to revolutionize everything at once.
  • mfletcher2013
    mfletcher2013 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as "not having a skinny girl to go back to" Think instead that you have a "healthy girl to go forward to".
  • Vanessa6122
    Vanessa6122 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain girl, I also have arthritis and I think I may have Degenerative disc disease as well in my NECK. Very painful and frustrating to deal with. I am also at a loss as I weighed myself this morning and felt like crying. I stand at 5'2" and 186 lbs. It is the heaviest I've ever been. I'm 32 years old with 3 kids and it has been so hard to lose the weight. I almost feel like i've forgotten how to do it. I used to be thin 10 years ago but the weight has been creeping up on me in the last 5 years after I had my last baby. I need help too. I don't know where to start. I guess the first place to start is just to log my food intake on Myfitness Pal and hope the motivation will strike me.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Yes. Find that healthy girl!
  • CLA1134
    CLA1134 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am new here too. I wish you luck!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Best place to start is to log EVERY-thing. The better you log, the better perspective it'll give you on what you can do better tomorrow.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    18 months ago, I was you. I've been overweight since puberty, 33,mother of 3, 3 csections and diabetic. Now I'm a size 7, and weigh less than I ever have, with enough energy to take care of 3 boys.

You have a skinny lady in you, I know it!!!
  • raina_77
    raina_77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I sent you a friend's request also. Anyone else, please feel free to add me. Hope everyone has a great day!