Here we go fingers crossed

Just joined this morning. Want to lose and get healthy seems to be good so far only a morning though.
I do hope I can stick at this.

Replies

• ukbrat1
    ukbrat1 Posts: 10
    Just joined this morning. Want to lose and get healthy seems to be good so far only a morning though.
    I do hope I can stick at this.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Hello UKBrat1! Welcome. I hope you can stay on it too. You'll find a lot of support on this site. I'm pulling for you (and me)!
  • Good luck UKbrat1! I joined about a week ago and it seems to be going well for me. Still with it which is a big step. And yes, there are loads of encouragers on here.
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Good Luck UKbrat1!. I've only been here a short tiem and this site is already making me very conscious of what i eat and my portions. There also seems to be alot of support here which will definitely help boost you up. Good luck with your goal.
  • Welcome UKBrat1! I resently joined this site as well and it's a real eye opener when you take the time to put in everything that you eat in a day. I never realized just how much I consumed in a day. Now I'm more attentive as to what I eat. I'm here for support! Best of Luck!

Mary
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    I've also been here about a week... I find the food and exercise sections as well as the message boards very helpful. I'm down 2 lbs which is more than I can say for other motivators I've tried!!! Yay!!!
  • Welcome and Good Luck! I'm really new to this as well but it is an eye opener to input your food for the day, makes me really think about that cookie i want to eat lol I go for a glass of water to curb cravins instead. Good luck and have fun!
  • ukbrat1
    ukbrat1 Posts: 10
    Thanks everyone, I got through yesterday with calories to spare. And actually added 50 minutes of exercise to my day. I like the fact that this can be kept on your computer all day so that you can check and adjust as you go through. It is making me very conscience of what I eat that is for sure. Really like the fact that I can still have 2 glasses of red or white wine with dinner if I want. My husband has been very supportive and is eating most of what I am but a little large portions.
    Made a great East Indian Soup last night, easy and quick posted it in the recipe section.
    The few problems that I found yesterday were keeping the proteins under and drinking enough water.
    Anyone else finding that.
    All in all very pleased with this site and so easy to use.
    Good luck everyone I know we can do this.
    Anyone got any tips for eating out and keeping that under control.
    It does not help when all of my friends are so skinny. I looked at what a burger is worth and oh my god it is amazing the fat and protein in one of those things.
    I am a size 14 at the moment and hoping to be able to get to a size 10.
    Fed up with looking like a chip monk and groaning at photos.
    LOL
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    UKBrat
    Regarding Protein- many of us are over all the time. My fitness instructor tells me during weight loss we should increase protein. I am usually WELL over my alloted amount and it works great for me. I keep my carbs down.