to be healthy

Options
Ok so I have embarked on my wieght loss journey once again. I NEED to be healthy! I have realized that this is a change I want not only me but for my family as well! I want to completely restock my pantry and take out the bad and replace with good. My question "where do I start?" I need some help!!

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Easiest thing to do when first starting out is tossing out the obvious: cookies, cakes, pies, etc. Then take a close look at other items. Are your breads, pastas, and rice products whole wheat? If not, you might want to toss those as well. Do you have any sodas in your fridge? Replace those with water, tea, or at the very least diet sodas (but I would concider not having those either). Make sure your veggies and fruits are fresh and in stock. Also make sure you have plenty of lean meats (poultry, fish, and lean cuts of beef). Get your recipes out and start making healthy stuff. :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree. A kitchen makeover is the best way to start.

There are a few books out there that talk about clean eating. I'm not too gung ho on everything clean, but if the majority of what you eat is non-processed, lean protein, lots of fresh veggies and fruits, limit grains and breads, and drink only waters, teas and coffee then you are definitely heading in the right direction.