I STILL CAN'T SEE MY AB MUSCLES!!

Replies

• fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    I'm at 21% :( So I guess I have a ways to go!!
    My friend is a pro-boxer and swears by the crazy wrap stuff for muscle definition, has anyone tried that??
    I tried a wrap and saw NO results. I have a 21% BF and no abs.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Cut out all sugar. Increase your fat...yes, you need fat to lose weight and get great muscle def. eat 1/2 an avocado daily or 1 tbs of coconut oil. Juice and eat lots of veggies...not so much fruit, lean protein and also stay away from wheat, dairy, etc. Try it for a week and see if you like the results.

And cut out carbs too to be safe.

#yolo
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Cut out all sugar. Increase your fat...yes, you need fat to lose weight and get great muscle def. eat 1/2 an avocado daily or 1 tbs of coconut oil. Juice and eat lots of veggies...not so much fruit, lean protein and also stay away from wheat, dairy, etc. Try it for a week and see if you like the results.

Strong first post.

One week should def be enough to get abs
  • They say you have to do multiple wraps though, maybe if I try a few and also lower my body fat it will help my results! Doesn't hurt to try I guess! I'll have to share my results in a later post!
  • fivethreeone
    Have you tried an X-Ray? That's how I saw mine!

I have bad news. Your abs have calcified.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member

THIS!THIS!THIS!

Edit: I would suggest cutting out all REFINED sugar and limiting honey, maple syrup etc.
  • QuiznatoddBidness
    QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 602 Member
    You should do a vegan smoothie cleanse.

^^^ This.

It may seem too good to be true...but true miracles are, by definition, hard to believe.
  • wheird

I have bad news. Your abs have calcified.

Vegan smoothies have 28% calcium so no wonder
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    I'm still technically "fat" and I can see my ab muscles. Well, they are large by comparison, but I can see them below the fat, especially my obliques.

It's weird how our bodies are all different. Keep up the work; it'll come.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    They say you have to do multiple wraps though, maybe if I try a few and also lower my body fat it will help my results! Doesn't hurt to try I guess! I'll have to share my results in a later post!
    The science and method behind it just doesn't seem possible to me. I dont understand how putting a topical cream and plastic wrap around your midsection will burn fat which is beneath the surface....but hey, to each their own. I just know I'm not wasting another dollar and 8 hours on this ish.
  • wheird
    I eat wraps all the time and don't have abs
  • ValGogo
    I've been working out like crazy, I've lowered my fat content to hardly anything and I still can't see my ab muscles! Any suggestions???
    A huge amount of visible abs is Genetics it may be that you just wont be able to see them. Personally never understood the obsession with them

Yes, this! Like the top of the abs area, the larger one, on some people is huge. My top ab is really big. My obliques are pretty big too. I mean, they are what I can see now on my fat body but, that part has always been most visible on me. That and my quads.
  • ValGogo
    They say you have to do multiple wraps though, maybe if I try a few and also lower my body fat it will help my results! Doesn't hurt to try I guess! I'll have to share my results in a later post!
    The science and method behind it just doesn't seem possible to me. I dont understand how putting a topical cream and plastic wrap around your midsection will burn fat which is beneath the surface....but hey, to each their own. I just know I'm not wasting another dollar and 8 hours on this ish.

you said "ish." Youre my new favorite person. haha
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member

that's not what it does. it dehydrates the cells and usually w/ less water, you have a smaller look. you'll get rid of that look overnight, but it's there for a hot second.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    No. Save your money. As I mentioned earlier, you HAVE to already have visible abs to even see ANY difference. All a wrap does is reduce water (subcutaneous) from under the skin. If you have too much fat, you'll just see the fat better.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member

I have bad news. Yours abs have calcified.

It's from all the Crunches. Captain Crunches.

This made me lol so hard.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member

And cut out carbs too to be safe.

#yolo

I hear if you cut carbs, fat, and protein, you will lose weight like a bad habit. You'll have abs for dayz.

Yes, especially once rigor mortis sets in. Then eventually, the bacteria take over, and they go away again.
  • fivethreeone

THIS!THIS!THIS!

Edit: I would suggest cutting out all REFINED sugar and limiting honey, maple syrup etc.

The only reason cutting out certain foods would make for more visible abs is if it also reduces the total number of calories you are eating. Assuming you are already counting calories, there's no reason to do this.

These are my abs after a few months of heavy lifting, zero cardio, and ~1600 calories a day, without cutting any foods out and WITH eating sweets regularly. I'm about 18% bf here. I'm not unique. There are many women here who do the same and have the same results.

7c1vfLY.jpg
  • fivethreeone

I have bad news. Yours abs have calcified.

It's from all the Crunches. Captain Crunches.

:laugh:

You're clearly a pro!

Carry on
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    7c1vfLY.jpg

Hi, whats your KIK