How do you use your PB2? Need ideas.

Options
13»

Replies

• mxm082
    mxm082 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I blend the chocolate PB2 (or regular PB2 and cocoa powder) with frozen bananas. I add cocoa nibs before the final blend. It's sort of like eating chocolate peanut butter banana ice cream with chocolate chips but better IMO. You can make a smoothie version if you add some liquid (I've used soy, almond, and regular milk). My junk-food loving bf LOVES it when I make this for us.

ETA: It's best eaten right away/very cold because the texture changes as it melts.
  • kori0424
    kori0424 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
  • jec285
    jec285 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I looked up what is PB2:
    http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/
    This was their take on it...just thought Id pass it on!

Ok so it's not organic and it MAY have a small amount of a mold that occurs in other foods we consume anyway? Wow I better go back to real peanut butter with HFCS and 5x the calories right now!

Wow JEC285, it was intended as informative information as I didn't know the difference in certain PB's when I started on here (& Im still learning things all the time).
    Just simply passing that little bit of info just as others have in other threads...you know its community support, so Youre Welcome!
    No one is holding anything against your choice in PB's...sheesh!
    Most people appreciate reading up on things they didn't otherwise know :smile:

You're implying you were simply giving everyone information so they could form their own opinions, when really you just gave them all the bad information and none of the good, forgive me for assuming you were trying to scare people away from it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I couldn't care less that PB2 isn't a perfect clean food. I actually don't like peanut butter, except with chocolate pretty much, so whatever.

I'm sure the guy would say the same thing about a lot of peanut butter brands that add sugar and/or oil too anyway.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I put it in my protein shakes and oatmeal.
  • kori0424
    kori0424 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Some people care what goes in there body, so I'm glad she posted this. No need to attack someone who cares and trying to help.