Losing weight for wedding & Beyond! Shorties Unite!

Options
2»

Replies

• fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    add me!!!! I'm getting married October 5th 2015 and need to lose 75 pounds before my wedding! I refuse to even shop for dresses until I'm at my halfway point!! I was on MFP previously and lost 60 pounds but have gained back 15 pounds! I'm committing for good this time!! I think a huge success to MFP is motivation!!!

Ok I added you 3 girls but I think I will stop for now. I don't want too huge of a crowd. It's about quality not quantity with me.

Just a general note. Just for now though.

I wish I could have waited like you, but I felt like... if I have some incentive I might do a better job. Right now my incentive is fitting into a size 12 wedding dress that's hanging in my closet. At this point it doesnt even zip up half way through. I plan to change that. (I was sold the wrong size btw but I'm trying to turn this negative into a positive.)
  • kwied90
    kwied90 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    oh that's a good point! That is a great incentive. Dresses fit so differently when you drop sizes, so for me one I may like now on my body may look completely different after losing 75 pounds. Who knows maybe I'll find one I absolutely love though and end up buying it :) I'm sure it will feel great for you when you can zip it!!
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    oh that's a good point! That is a great incentive. Dresses fit so differently when you drop sizes, so for me one I may like now on my body may look completely different after losing 75 pounds. Who knows maybe I'll find one I absolutely love though and end up buying it :) I'm sure it will feel great for you when you can zip it!!
    True, but that's why it helps to know your body shape, (I'm pear), and also since I haven't always been 200 lbs I know what looks good on my body type. And as far as I know A line dresses should work on all types.
  • mlom615
    mlom615 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I was hoping you might add me to your mini group. I'm 5'3", getting married next August, and hoping to lose (and never find again) about 50 pounds. I look at my hand and know I have to keep making the right choices every day, even if it's hard, if I want the picture in my head to be closer to reality. I hardly ever add people I don't actually know, but I could use some help and support.

Thanks, and good luck!