Slimming world

Options
Hi,
I am on slimming world and my weight is not coming off quick enough, time is now running out, my wedding is in 6 months. i have tried very hard, 100%, to loose the weight that I have lost but some weeks I gain and some weeks I stay the same even when i am as i say 100%. It is such a slow process for me :-(
I have joined this site today to cal count as well, anyone else in the same boat? i dont know if i eat too much or too little!? fed up.

Replies

• TREDgirl13
    TREDgirl13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anna-it is most definitely a slow journey. I do WW and I'm doing this site as well for an additional boost. Are you eating a lot of processed foods or foods high in sodium? Just be patient and confident that you'll reach your goal. Good luck!
  • kstanley86
    Options
    It is a hard journey that is for sure. Try adding more fiber to your diet and increasing your cardio. I can imgaine it is even harder with the stress of the wedding coming up to lose weight. Hang in there!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    If i were you i would stop paying for slimming world! they made me feel worthless.. but that was a long time ago , could not get my head round the fact that on red day i could eat as much corn beef as i wanted!

count your calories ! eat less move more! Oh and WATER !!!

good luck
  • mobymarsh
    mobymarsh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i do slimming world have you changed your food diary to add A's B's i know they say the extra easy is the best way but i stick to red or green. i only have one of each of the A/B's and i find red days are better for me. make sure you count your milk and watch what you put on your bread. is your consultant not helping or are you doing it like me on your own
  • laura230972
    Options
    Hi!

Im in a similar boat, I've been trying to lose weight on my own since Jan, and its has been slow and steady to say the least!
    I think i need to track exactly what im eating and inparticular the portion size so am trying MFP too (only joined on Monday).
    I originally started dieting for myself, then I was asked to be a bridesmaid (in feb coming) and didn't want to be "the fat one", and then i got engaged a month ago so its all systems go now to be a skinny bride.

This site already has shown me that im not alone in the horrid struggle that is losing weight, and so I already feel better and more motivated.

I would advise using the food diary tool, ive used it for 3 days now, and i can see that on the days i do some exercise I am always massively under the calorie intake i should be, apparently this can slow your metabolism and stop you losting weight, so im trying to eat more on those days....odd feeling eating more when your trying to lose weight...but ill try it as an experiment and see!

If you ever want to rant about a bad day, or celebrate a loss feel free to send me a message!

Laura :)
  • mrsritchie
    Options
    hi im also on slimming world i get weighed on a monday morning which is very hard going my social life this last month has been non stop party's wedding's girlie nights out and it will continue like this until after xmas i havent actually been to class for 2wks cos of all the partying oopsie still this helps me to keep track of what im eating. i get all confused on extra easy so mainly try to stick to red/green days feel free to add me as a friend Louise xxx
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Would have to see your diet and work out regiment.