how to get started....

Options
Ok I know that you have to excercise and eat right....all that jazz BUT how do i get started??

I have been trying to do my own thing for the past 5 weeks now I have been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds!

somebody help me out.........whats the first step? what did you do 1st?

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    First off you need to educate yourself about nutrition a bit. What your body needs to operate well. Then using the food diary take a look at your intake....is it good wholesome food? A bunch of processed fake food? A bunch of take out or restaurant food? Clean up the food choices first. After that work on portion control. Get a scale and a good set of measuring tools. Log your intake every day... before you eat it if you can! Get your portions under control and learn to be within your calorie goals. Once you have that down you can move on to adding some exercise. You don't have to do it all at once! Take it one step at a time. Start slow on the exercise and work your way up.

Good Luck!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    First off you need to educate yourself about nutrition a bit. What your body needs to operate well. Then using the food diary take a look at your intake....is it good wholesome food? A bunch of processed fake food? A bunch of take out or restaurant food? Clean up the food choices first. After that work on portion control. Get a scale and a good set of measuring tools. Log your intake every day... before you eat it if you can! Get your portions under control and learn to be within your calorie goals. Once you have that down you can move on to adding some exercise. You don't have to do it all at once! Take it one step at a time. Start slow on the exercise and work your way up.

Good Luck!
    That pretty much sums it up!! My motto is if doesn't have a mother or come out of the ground then you really shouldn't eat it but that isn't always realistic. It's about moderation. If you feel like you really want to exercise while cleaning up your eating just start with some walking. That's how I started and I am down 80 lbs. and now doing things I never thought I could and would want to do!!! It is a long journey but well worth it!!! Google clean eating, you can get tons of great tips and ideas. Good luck to you!!