Vegetarians and Protein

Options
Hi guys!

I'm slowly transitioning into being a vegetarian (but still eating eggs haha). I do prefer to eat high protein though! How do you vegetarians out there get enough protein?

Thanks!

Replies

• takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Vegetarians eat eggs ... ^_^ And milk, cheese, greek yogurt, protein powder, nuts, lentils, legumes, whole grains, tempeh, tofu, nut butter.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, low fat tofu and tempeh, eggs or egg beaters or egg whites, low fat cheese, several different types of protein powder and the list goes on. i wouldn't call nuts or legumes high protein, but they and things like quinoa definitely have some. there are also prepared foods like sol original burgers (low in fat, 12 grams of protein per burger) and morningstar farms sausages.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly morphing from being a vegetarian to being vegan (no dairy, eggs, etc.) I drink soy milk...some people prefer almond milk...but I'm addicted to soy milk. ;) I like tofu, beans, so many different ways to prepare beans. Hummus on rice cakes, but get the good ones, not Quaker...nuts, like walnuts and almonds are good for a snack and also have other health benefits. Good luck!! :)