What is the best thing about being in maintenance?

Options
2»

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Eating more! Although it was a little tough to get used to at first, it's great to be able to eat more!

Looking/feeling better than I did in high school/college. Back then I was normal size but I had the skinny fat thing going on. I wasn't overly active back then so feels really good to say I'm at the best shape of my life as I get closer to 40! I'm doing things I never could imagine like regular push-ups, pull-ups and power walking 5+ miles straight and still not be overly sore or tired. I'm still pushing myself to reach new goals such as power walking further and faster and to get stronger everyday. :)

Great hair, nails and skin. Since I'm eating healthier consistently my hair and nails grows really fast and are strong and healthy and my skin has a nice glow it to.

More clothing options! Being a tall plus-sized woman was no fun for me especially since I had to settle for clothes. Now it's nice to be able to walk into any store pull cute clothes or lingerie off the rack and have things look great on me.

Feeling comfortable. This ties into my point above a little, but it's nice not to have to worry about back fat showing through my shirts or having a muffin top when wearing skinny jeans.

I'm so happy to be here and I'm working hard to stay here!
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Energy! The other day, I was able to spread mulch for 4 hours after lifting. Before upping my calories, I just slogged around in a fog on lifting days.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Definitely the 'more food' thing.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to making some serious progress with my running when I'm no longer eating at a deficit. Six more months, I hope!!!

More food!!!
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    It's so do-able! As long as I continue to eat a healthy diet, watch portion sizes, and exercise 90% of the time, the other 10% of the time (restaurant meals out, dinners with friends, ice cream trips) will not and cannot derail my train. As long as I check-in periodically that I still am my now smaller size/weight. it's all good!

doing it this way - you will keep it off. Great Job! :smile:
  • jrcrmr
    jrcrmr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    this thread has both encouraged and discouraged me:

encourage: people have the same good things as I do from maintenance...more food, more fun shopping/wearing clothes

discourage: i'm more of a girl than i thought i was (i am NOT a girl, hehe)
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know...hahah! I'm horrible.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Having other people try MFP or some other weight loss method because they've seen you lose successfully and keep it off.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Having other people try MFP or some other weight loss method because they've seen you lose successfully and keep it off.

Congrats! That has to be incredibly rewarding. When people stop chasing the diet de jour and start looking into sensible, healthy ways to lose weight because they want to emulate your success, real progress begins.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    wearing my clothes and they all fit! But it is a lifestyle change, to me it is like being on a diet all the time, don't see where I get much more extras, you see I am greedy with my food, I want it all. But I will say I eat slower and enjoy my food more because this is all I get! lol
  • Redribbon73
    Redribbon73 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Oh so once you are in the maintenance zone you eat more calories?
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I actually .. don't like the more food thing. I do not generally like the act of eating. It is just something that I have to do to survive.

Sure there are some things you just need .. like chocolate, but you can only eat so much of that.

So eating at a deficit was definitely easier and such. but I am looking forward to hopefully gaining some muscle .. which does mean .. yes eating more. I know there is just no escaping it.