Reward ideas for reaching goals

Options
Hey everyone ... my wife and I have been enjoying our new healthy lifestyle for about a year now ... we eat well, exercise, and the results have been great (she's lost near 40 lbs and I'm near 30) ... the problem I'm having is that I'm running out of ideas for things to do to celebrate reaching goals, good weeks, etc ... I'm stuck - but in a good way (was it Winnie the Pooh who said that? :bigsmile: ) ... anyway, we've regularly worked in 'splurge' days :drinker: I've brought home so many flowers for my wife that the florist knows me by name :flowerforyou: and we've had to update wardrobe out of necessity, so shopping wouldn't feel like a reward (my wife doesn't really need an excuse to shop :laugh: ) ... so if anyone has any ideas please let's hear them ... thanks in advance ... Ron

Replies

• WileE1
    WileE1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey everyone ... my wife and I have been enjoying our new healthy lifestyle for about a year now ... we eat well, exercise, and the results have been great (she's lost near 40 lbs and I'm near 30) ... the problem I'm having is that I'm running out of ideas for things to do to celebrate reaching goals, good weeks, etc ... I'm stuck - but in a good way (was it Winnie the Pooh who said that? :bigsmile: ) ... anyway, we've regularly worked in 'splurge' days :drinker: I've brought home so many flowers for my wife that the florist knows me by name :flowerforyou: and we've had to update wardrobe out of necessity, so shopping wouldn't feel like a reward (my wife doesn't really need an excuse to shop :laugh: ) ... so if anyone has any ideas please let's hear them ... thanks in advance ... Ron
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    For her, makeover city!!!!!!!! That is my ultimate "reward". I also want a cruise but my husband is holding out on me.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    At 225 I went skydiving, at 215 I am allowing myself a new tat (hit the goal, now looking for a decent artist). At 210 I am...well I'm not sure....probably going skydiving again :laugh:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    A couples massage at your local day spa!!! Follow up with a romantic picnic (with plenty of lemon water to flush those toxins out that were released from the massage).
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm all about massages!! Ohhhh yeahh!!

I've thought about getting a small tattoo. I don't even have one. Something cool like Angelina Jolie has for her kids....I don't know. We shall see.

I like shoes too! I want the Uggs Fluffies. I'm not quite as bad as Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and The City, but I do have fun with shoes.

Yikes...."have fun with shoes".....that kind of sounds bad. You all know what I meant!! :wink:
  • j0yride
    j0yride Posts: 15
    Options
    A reward should be something you can do now that you are thinner and more confident in your body. After I lost 30lbs, I spent money on a gorgeous tattoo running down my side. I have the confidence now to want to show it off so that is an idea or perhaps a sexy corset that she would look much better in now. I did that one too. lol

Possibly a mini-vacation to somewhere fun? I haven't done that but I would like to. Also, vacations requiring swimsuits often add to further motivation to losing weight to look great on that beach!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    A reward should be something you can do now that you are thinner and more confident in your body. After I lost 30lbs, I spent money on a gorgeous tattoo running down my side. I have the confidence now to want to show it off so that is an idea or perhaps a sexy corset that she would look much better in now. I did that one too. lol

Possibly a mini-vacation to somewhere fun? I haven't done that but I would like to. Also, vacations requiring swimsuits often add to further motivation to losing weight to look great on that beach!

Ok J0y, you can't tease us saying you have a gorgeous tattoo running down your side, and that you have the confidence to show it off, and then not post a pic of it! We wanna see!!! :laugh:
  • WileE1
    WileE1 Posts: 6
    Options
    great feedback ... thanks ... I've treated her to massages/spa days, but for some reason I've never thought doing them as a couple ... and she's mentioned that she might like to get a new tatoo done and I've never had one done ... oooo! maybe the coyote ... as you can tell from my avatar/username I'm a big fan of the world's most under-appreciated cartoon hero :tongue: ... anyway, thanks a lot
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Ok J0y, you can't tease us saying you have a gorgeous tattoo running down your side, and that you have the confidence to show it off, and then not post a pic of it! We wanna see!!! :laugh:

+1!!! I'm really dying to get my next tattoo, and "down my side" is my primo canvas choice. :happy: