Am I doing it wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    For those of you that consume a lot of calories, how long do you exercise each day and what do you do? Also, what do you eat to gain those calories back, I would think for it to be a lot of food especially if it's not like a hamburger from McDonalds that's 800 calories.

Just in case the asker isn't long gone :laugh:

Unfortunately I'm the stereotypical person being referred to when people say, "I learned I could lose weight without doing hours and hours of cardio". I do ten hours per week total unless my schedule doesn't permit it. I do not eat the calories back on the same day necessarily. Instead I generally watch a weekly deficit and might even eat less on exercise days than non exercise days, as I find that being occupied keeps me away from the food. I do take sliced apples for my longer workouts and eat some during the workout whenever I feel like I could use the sugar pick me up, or afterwards if I'm hungry and need a snack

In the MFP app, when you go to Nutrition -> weekly there's a bar graph showing how many calories you have left for the week, average, etc. I hear this can be done via Reports link on the website but I haven't tried it

My diet isn't restricted to chicken and broccoli by any definition of the word so yeah, I do regular consume both higher and lower calorie foods. Eating enough calories is just not a problem at all for me. In fact the opposite has always been the problem, hence my MFP membership

My exercise: pretty much everything Les Mills. BodyPump is the most popular class and offered everyday I'm at the gym so I do this class the most with the highest amount of weight I can tolerate. BodyAttack BodyCombat and BodyStep are the other ones I take throughout the week. These are all typically one hour classes
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also 5'4" and weigh 164. I got a fitbit flex and am walking about 20000 steps a day (started out 8000) I have lost 25lbs so far. The best thing about the fitbit is it tells you how many calories you have burned. You can connect the fitbit to this site and info from both sites are shared. It keeps track of your steps and as long as your calories in are less than the calories out(it tells you this) the weight will change. I also make sure I don't eat less than 1200 calories or more than 1500. The fitbit site is free- fitbit.com go in and try (you can enter your exercise yourself-flex does the steps for you) Good luck!

Wow that's great! I just got a fitbit flex but I have yet to get in 10,000 steps. Hopefully this weekend the rain will stop and I can get some walking in.