How long do I cook Chicken leg quaters?

barbosa22
barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
I need to know how long and what temp. to bake some chicken leg quarters. And if anyone has any marinade ideas or recipes, please share.

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    I usually bake mine at 425 for 30 to 45 minutes. Do you have a crockpot? That is the easiest way to cook them and have them fall off the bone.
  • you could shake and bake them on a rack over top of a pan at 350 for an hour. Or you could de bone them or not and marinade them in a terriaki sauce, you could bbq them with bbq sauce...you just have to make sure they are cooked whenyou eat them...when you are checking slice close to the bone and see if it is red..if not they are done
    hope this helps :)
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,064 Member
    I typically do mine at 350 for an hour or so. I always check by the bone to make sure the meat isn't pink anymore. As ffor sauces, I do many many many different things. Sometimes I like to just put a little bit of BBQ sauce on it, but right now, I'm on a tomato sauce kick. You can use either diced tomatoes or pasta sauce and just pour it over. I like adding mushrooms, onions and peppers. It's the start for Chicken Cacciatore (although I bake that at a lower temp for longer time with wine and other stuff added). With the BBQ sauce, I typically serve it with steamed broccoli and steak "fries". With the tomato sauce, I typically serve it with whole wheat pasta (it's already got the veggies covered).
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Internal temp of chicken needs to be 165 for safe consumption.
    (juices need to be clear)
    Baking time will vary depending on your oven.
    I use more of a dry rub/seasoning. I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayanne.
  • Do you want to bake them? 350 degrees for 30 to 45 mins. It will depend on how large they are.

Wrap two leg quarters in tinfoil, put onions, peppers, or any of your favorite vegggies on top with salt, pepper, onion powder, or a little garlic. Wrap them up tight. Place in the oven. That will give you two meals.

You can also microwave them, look in the cookbook that came with the microwave. Place them on a glass plate put bbq sauce on top, or spagetti sauce. Probably about 5mins. Put plastic wrap on top.
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    I do leg quarters at 350 degrees for 1 and half hours. I am extremely anal about uncooked food. An hour is about right though.
  • Unlike breast meat, you really can't overcook dark meat -- it just eventually falls of the bone but still stays tender. Legs and thighs are definitely my preference at Thanksgiving or when roasting a chicken!
This discussion has been closed.