inner thighs!!!

Options
i work legs twice a week with loads of weights etc. am seeing change in quads, calves, butt and hamstrings but my inner thighs are still not getting smaller. does anyone have any good exercises for inner thighs....?

Replies

• hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am struggling with the same thing. The only exercise that has helped me lose the inches is running! I've lost 1" off my thighs so far, which doesn't seem like a whole lot, but I've tried everything else with no luck!

L.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    There are pilates exercises that work my inner thighs like crazy!!! YouTube is a GREAT reference "book" of how toos.
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    I'd think that running would be one of the only things that would get at that inner thigh problem! Boooooo
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bump-I have the same issues!!
  • diane8005
    Options
    Hi i have the davina dvd and her work out realy works the inner thighs! worth a look,
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    My trainer insists on plie squats with toes turned out. I just read this article tho on how to slim inner thighs and this is what they suggest.
    1. step-out squat to single-leg balance with knee lift

Strengthens inner thighs, quadriceps, hamstrings, buttocks, upper hips; spine extensors, abdominals and upper hips and inner thighs of supporting leg work as stabilizers.

* Stand with feet hip-width apart, hands on hips, legs straight but not locked.

* Contract abdominals, bringing spine to a neutral position, keeping chest lifted and shoulder blades drawn down and together.

* Shifting your weight slightly onto right leg, step sideways with left foot, bending knees as you lower hips toward the floor in a squat.

* Push off left foot and straighten right leg, lifting left knee to hip height.

* Do 12-15 reps, then switch legs and repeat to complete 1 set.

Trainer's tip

To really emphasize your inner thighs, try shifting your body weight toward your heels without letting your toes rise off the floor.

2. walking diagonal lunge

Strengthens inner thighs, upper hips, quadriceps, hamstrings and calves of both legs; also spine extensors and abdominals work as stabilizers.

* Stand with feet hip-width apart, hands on hips, abdominals contracted, spine in a neutral position and tailbone pointing down.

* Take a step forward and slightly to the left of center with left foot, bending knees into a lunge, so left knee is over left ankle and right knee points toward the floor, right heel lifted, torso centered between both legs.

* As you lunge, keep left knee centered over second toe, hips level; don't touch the floor with right knee.

* Pause, then push off with the ball of right foot, balance for a moment on left foot, then immediately step forward and slightly to the right of center with right foot.

* Continue alternating legs to complete 1 set.

Trainer's tip

Keep upper body erect and facing forward so that your legs do the work.

3. cable adduction

Strengthens inner thighs; upper hips and inner thighs of standing leg, spine extensors and abdominals work as stabilizers.

* Attach an ankle strap to a low-cable pulley, then attach the strap to left ankle and stand, right foot on a weight plate, with left side to the machine, aligning cable level (you'll probably be a few inches behind the cable), hands on hips. (If you need more support, stand close enough to the machine to hold onto the support bar with left hand.)

* Balance on right foot, right knee slightly bent, and extend left leg out the side toward the cable, keeping abdominals tight and shoulders and hips squared and level.

* Contract abs and stand erect as you use inner-thigh muscles to bring left leg in and across body's midline without swinging, keeping torso still from the waist up.

* Return to start, then complete reps.

* Switch legs (attaching ankle strap to right ankle and standing with right side to machine) and repeat to complete 1 set.

Trainer's tip

To protect your knee joint, keep the toes of the working leg in line with your knee without rotating inward or outward at the hip.
  • Agent42001
    Agent42001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 100 pounds (including the 14 that I've lost here with My Fitness Pal) and with all the inches I've lost, my thighs have not changed a bit. But you are right - hamstrings, butt, out thigh, quad - all toned and looking good. But that dang inner thigh! ARGHHHH Will be doing the You Tube thing to see as suggested!
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    thanx for the exercise tips
  • PlatinumPiggy
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Bump ~ for later... I HAAAAAAAAAATE my thighs :-(
  • laurenbausch
    Options
    Thanks! I'll try that!!!
  • patti1007
    patti1007 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    save
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I do the abductor/adductor machine and it has really worked on my inner thighs. I don't just do regular sets(3x20 reps). My trainer actually has me do my regular 15-20 and she will make me start butterflying, holding it in one spot, and sqqueezing. It has worked!!!! The other day I sat down at the machine and I asked her if she had moved the seat, and she said no, The pads felt so different and then I realized it was because I have lost fat there. :laugh:
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    bump
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    If your gym as a universal pulley machine do this. Load light weights and then use a strap to tie to one foot. Stretch the leg toward the machine and then back to the other leg. Be careful because it tests your balance as well. I guarantee after a few of these you will be on fire.

I use this to prepare for golf and I hate to say it, I have some inner thigh issues as well.

PS. Just tested, and its not as bad.
  • razorbecky
    Options
    Bump
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    Good morning!
    What I find works on the inner thighs sounds crazy, but it's working:

Stand sideways next to a counter top or something a bit shorter to start. I lift one leg up on the counter top and do a toe touch to the supporting leg. I usually do 10-12 reps. Then I do a side bend to the upper leg, keeping your palm upward, stretching your sides and hips, and working the inner upper arm.

Obviously, it is not very scientific, but I am finding that it works. Hope this helps! :drinker:
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Sumo squats with weights. HATE these but they are awesome.