what's your story

Options
I was thinking we could all share our stories. Maybe the short version, maybe not. Who are you? How did you end up unhappy with your weight? What brought you here?

Mine...

I was a very active young person. Did track for 3 years. Volleyball for 4 years. Basketball pretty much my whole life. Never overweight. Had 17-20% body fat throughout high school, which is good for a woman athlete. Graduated from high school. Went to a local college and worked at curves where I got free workouts anytime I wanted so I didn't put on those dreaded freshmen 15. My soph year in college I transfered to a private college 3 hours away from home. Ended up going out to eat a lot with friends but tried to stay active. Gained a little weight but it seemed like the normal "adult weight" that I put on. That next semester I dated a guy for 9 months and we went out to eat ALL THE TIME! We had a very unhealthy relationship. He was emotionally abusive and it messed me up like you wouldn't believe. After we broke up I dealt with serious depression for over a year. I ate all my feelings. Slept a lot. Thought about suicide more times than you can imagine. I was in a very very bad place. I ended up transfering back home and slowly tried to put my life back together. I struggled with eating disorder thoughts. I always wanted to throw up what I ate but could never bring myself to do it. I would try to not eat at all but then my mind would tell me it was so unhealthy so I never starved myself. So what did I do? The complete opposite. I chowed down on everything. I was a compulsive eater. I couldn't stop myself. Food was all I thought about. I ended up putting on over 50 lbs. It took a long time but I started to understand what loving myself meant. I drew closer to God and He pulled me out of the rut I was in. I stepped on the scale one day and it said 199. I was one pound from 200. That was it for me. I knew I had to really make a lifestyle change. I also went to this thing called bodies revealed. They show organs and all parts of the human body and what healthy and unhealthy ones look like. I decided right then that my organs were going to look healthy! My friend had lost a lot of weight by counting calories so I decided to search the web for sites and I found this :happy: It has not been easy but so far I have lost 24 lbs. I'm so proud of myself not only for losing weight but for finally understanding how to love myself and be healthy. I'm such a happy person now. My life is awesome. You all are awesome! I love eating healthy and I love being active. Oh and I'm in a great relationship now with my best friend who is also the boy next door! That's another story...just think of every chick flick you've ever seen and that's us :laugh: So thank you all for your support. Let's keep on keeping on!

Now it's time to share your story :tongue:

:heart: Kels

Replies

• Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I was thinking we could all share our stories. Maybe the short version, maybe not. Who are you? How did you end up unhappy with your weight? What brought you here?

Mine...

I was a very active young person. Did track for 3 years. Volleyball for 4 years. Basketball pretty much my whole life. Never overweight. Had 17-20% body fat throughout high school, which is good for a woman athlete. Graduated from high school. Went to a local college and worked at curves where I got free workouts anytime I wanted so I didn't put on those dreaded freshmen 15. My soph year in college I transfered to a private college 3 hours away from home. Ended up going out to eat a lot with friends but tried to stay active. Gained a little weight but it seemed like the normal "adult weight" that I put on. That next semester I dated a guy for 9 months and we went out to eat ALL THE TIME! We had a very unhealthy relationship. He was emotionally abusive and it messed me up like you wouldn't believe. After we broke up I dealt with serious depression for over a year. I ate all my feelings. Slept a lot. Thought about suicide more times than you can imagine. I was in a very very bad place. I ended up transfering back home and slowly tried to put my life back together. I struggled with eating disorder thoughts. I always wanted to throw up what I ate but could never bring myself to do it. I would try to not eat at all but then my mind would tell me it was so unhealthy so I never starved myself. So what did I do? The complete opposite. I chowed down on everything. I was a compulsive eater. I couldn't stop myself. Food was all I thought about. I ended up putting on over 50 lbs. It took a long time but I started to understand what loving myself meant. I drew closer to God and He pulled me out of the rut I was in. I stepped on the scale one day and it said 199. I was one pound from 200. That was it for me. I knew I had to really make a lifestyle change. I also went to this thing called bodies revealed. They show organs and all parts of the human body and what healthy and unhealthy ones look like. I decided right then that my organs were going to look healthy! My friend had lost a lot of weight by counting calories so I decided to search the web for sites and I found this :happy: It has not been easy but so far I have lost 24 lbs. I'm so proud of myself not only for losing weight but for finally understanding how to love myself and be healthy. I'm such a happy person now. My life is awesome. You all are awesome! I love eating healthy and I love being active. Oh and I'm in a great relationship now with my best friend who is also the boy next door! That's another story...just think of every chick flick you've ever seen and that's us :laugh: So thank you all for your support. Let's keep on keeping on!

Now it's time to share your story :tongue:

:heart: Kels
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    After 2 children and I will be turning 40 in Nov....need I say more. I couldn't gain weight to save my life....I was 25 years old b4 I hit 100lbs...then like Emeril says..."BAM" I ran competively since I was 12.....I was gymnist, played basketball Jr and High school and Volleyball Jr and High school.....I love to cook, entertain, and eat......and I thought I could do it the same way I had done it b4 children...NOT...I want to live a long healthy life and be here for my grandchildren.....I am in Nursing school my third career in life and I need to accomplish this goal....there so much more but my children want the computer. LOL

zen
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    wow! what a story!

Mine isn't all that detailed.

I was a skinny girl in high school. I didn't know it.. I didn't flaunt it... i didn't care.. I was also a track runner:happy: long distance (deep down i was sprinter) I worked full time after school at a pizza restaurant. After High School I became the General manager of the restaurant which meant free food....

Long story short... I met a man who took me out all the time... Food was the thing to do. We then got married.. (on my wedding day I was 150 pounds.. that's 30pounds since high school.) I didn't notice my weight gain until i looked at my wedding photos... my arms and my face looked swollen. I then stepped on a scale for the first time ever... (i never really thought about weight gain) I decided to do something.. I counted calories!! and it worked... it worked too well...I was down to 130 pounds in less then two months... I was an exercise bulimic and was put on protien for several months... two years later.. i gained it all back.. in a different spot i may add... :mad:
    Since I've started here in January I've lost ten pounds... It was slow... but i learned my lesson from the last time. I also haven't tried all that hard this month... I'll get back on the wagon soon.