I don't eat enough?

Options
Okay I know this seems silly and kinda dumb but I know it's important to eat enough this past week I have been eating 500 - 990 calories a day and drinking water. I know that is not enough but I even eat when I am not hungry my calorie thing is 1400. I try to eat enough but it doesn't seem like I can and I really want to eat 1200 a day so I can be healthy I am working out I want to do this the healthy way does anyone have any tips? I am on a new blood pressure medication maybe that's why I'm not as hungry?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    open your diary
  • PiraRainbow
    Options
    I forgot about that. There you go lol.
  • hyojungl
    hyojungl Posts: 2
    Options
    Nuts!
    I know some of my friends having similar problem as they don't enjoy eating in general..
    You can eat nuts and dried fruits that has quite many calories and also good fat for your body :D
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you only eat canned tuna?
    Adding veggies will improve your health and offer more variety.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm on medication that also severely impacts my appetite. But with diabetes, it's super important to eat. I had to set an alarm on my phone and I eat whether I'm hungry or not.

Adding breakfast into the mix actually helped. I was always the person who didn't eat breakfast, I'm just not hungry in the morning. But after a couple weeks, it's now my favorite meal and the one I'm actually hungry for.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    You're drastically undereating and missing all macronutrient goals. There are days where you didn't net 500 calories. You're not even close so this isn't an add a spoonful of peanut butter or handful of nuts and everything will be fine situation.

Develop a meal plan that gets you to your nutritional needs ... then follow it. If you can't fix your eating on your own, get help doing so.
  • PiraRainbow
    Options
    I don't have that much food here that isn't junk so that's why I eat a lot of tuna. I know I need to eat more I just have to plan meals ahead of time I guess.