Eating 'whatever' day

Options
I had a bit of a eating 'whatever' day on Saturday. I went out for the day to a food market in London and decided I wasn't going to deny myself anything, and I was going to just enjoy myself. Below is listed everything I ate in the day. The problem was I was still massively hungry when I got home and ate an entire tub of Haagan Daaz.... I didn't log everything properly but I estimated it to be around 2600 calories in total... not majorly excessive but I normally eat around 1800 on a workout day, and around 1500-1600 on a rest day. I felt like I went crazy, and my appetite was increased more than usual the entire day. I always find this when I eat 'foods I don't normally eat' - maybe its to do with raised blood sugars or , does anyone else find this?

3 egg omlette

Mixed fruit (pineapple, strawberries, apples)

Large Crepe with whole banana and maple syrup

Large Quinoa salad with bread

Tea and Maple cinnamon crumb cake (this was delicious!)

Onion Bagel with Hallumi cheese and watercress

Whole tub of vanilla Haagan Daaz

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    There are foods that make me less hungry and foods that make me more hungry. After eating the Crepe and syrup, there would have been no stopping me. Maybe even after the fruit if I ate nothing else with it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    carb-tastic! thats why you were still hungry all day!
  • jackjb2
    jackjb2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    blood sugar spike and quick drops--especially without protein add to carbs---will make you feel hungry everytime
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    This is very true. Give me carbs and its like feeding time at the zoo..

Totally why I don't over-indulge in carbs on a daily basis.
  • ogs020589
    ogs020589 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had one of those weekends! I was away with friends so we ate out (and drank) waaay too much! carb loaded weekend too! Once I started I was so so hungry! Such a bad diet weekend but one of the best weekends in a long time :)

ps....please tell me you went to Borough Market???
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Eat some more meat next time and you won't be feeling the need to eat an entire tub of ice cream.
  • fitness_faeiry
    Options
    I had one of those weekends! I was away with friends so we ate out (and drank) waaay too much! carb loaded weekend too! Once I started I was so so hungry! Such a bad diet weekend but one of the best weekends in a long time :)

ps....please tell me you went to Borough Market???

Good to know I'm not the only one.
    And no it was Portobello market :)
  • fitness_faeiry
    Options
    Eat some more meat next time and you won't be feeling the need to eat an entire tub of ice cream.

I'm a Pescatarian, but I needed some form of protein throughout the day - that was the problem!
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to make or break you. I absolutely LOVE Haagen Das!!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Cool story brah ;) I eat whatever err'dayyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Omnomnom!!! Which food market? Is it there weekly? I wanna bookmark it for the next time I am in London :D
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Your day was filled with carbs and very little protein. That is why you were ravenous.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the crepes would do me in. When I make them, I stuff them with fresh homemade ricotta cheese and top them with fruit.

I've never tried Haagen Dazs. Now I'm afraid.
  • fitness_faeiry
    Options
    I've never tried Haagen Dazs. Now I'm afraid.

SAY WHAAAAATTTTTTT???

Dude you need to go buy some. NOW.
  • fitness_faeiry
    Options
    Omnomnom!!! Which food market? Is it there weekly? I wanna bookmark it for the next time I am in London :D

Portobello market - its awesome!

There's soooo much good food which is amazing! Never go there when you're on a diet though hahaha.
    Also check out nearby Golborne Road, they apparently have an renowned excellent Moroccan food stall, which I have heard so many good reviews about.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Heavy carb loading makes me hungry.. so does heavy on the sugar..
    So no.. I don't think it's odd that you were still hungry.

If I ate like you did that day I'd feel gross too..

That being said.. A day or two here and there where you over indulge and eat stuff you normally wouldn't is shown to improve your diet over all and your results. Every so often I eat a lot.. not the of the food you ate, but I don't count the spoons of PB or measure out the granola. If I ate an entire tub of Haagen Daz not only would I still be hungry, I'd feel like garbage and probably be living in the bathroom. lol
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options

Portobello market - its awesome!

There's soooo much good food which is amazing! Never go there when you're on a diet though hahaha.
    Also check out nearby Golborne Road, they apparently have an renowned excellent Moroccan food stall, which I have heard so many good reviews about.

When I am on vacation, I am on maintenance :D