British Heart Foundation 3 Day Diet

So I'm giving this diet a go

http://www.slimmingsolutions.co.uk/slimmingblog/diets/three-day-diet-free-meal-plan-aka-heart-foundation-diet/2353/

Currently eating my (extremely sharp without sugar) grapefruit but feeling very determined to see it through and see what results I get.

Has anyone done it? Would love to hear results, good or bad :)

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    The diet works the same as any other fad diet - it is low calorie. In three days, the vast majority of any weight lost will just be water weight, which will return as soon as a 'normal' diet is resumed.

If you have a special event coming up and wish to lose a few lbs then why not give it a go. But if you are looking for a long term weight loss solution this is not it.

As stated itself in the blurb: "Long term weight loss can only ever be achieved through sensible changes to diet".
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Think I would throw up if I had to eat hot dogs.

It is just a low calorie 3 day diet - can't see anything special about it.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Have fun regaining the weight a few days after, it is too fast and not sustainable.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    its the british heart foundation 'diet' because they give it to morbidly obese patients to lose weight quickly when they have to have heart surgery...
  • davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Do you have masochistic tendencies?

Sounds like an unpleasant way to lose temporary water weight.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Why not just spend a couple of weeks at a moderate deficit with a bit more walking, and get the same results?