Dealing with injuries

Options
Strained right hamstring, right quad, right lower back. Doing lidocaine, foam rolling, rested from running for 2 weeks, havent run since. must have hurt lower back dead lifting, although I did not notice a problem at the time. Last night did exercises that isolated each side of the body, so it became evident.

Is there something I don't know about for healing these type of injuries? All suggestions appreciated! Thanks

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Strained right hamstring, right quad, right lower back. Doing lidocaine, foam rolling, rested from running for 2 weeks, havent run since. must have hurt lower back dead lifting, although I did not notice a problem at the time. Last night did exercises that isolated each side of the body, so it became evident.

Is there something I don't know about for healing these type of injuries? All suggestions appreciated! Thanks

Apart from healing these type of injuries (normally time + icing + slowly building up the work you can do with them in a cautious and controlled manner), you must ask yourself why you developed them. Sounds like a whole bunch of connected stuff down one side.

Could be something in your running gait that is unduly stressing the right side (or that the right side is compensating for something on the left) or could be that deadlifting is highlighting a weakness there. Might be worth seeing a professional and maybe getting your running gait and DL form checked when you're back to full health to eliminate a repeat experience.
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Apart from healing these type of injuries (normally time + icing + slowly building up the work you can do with them in a cautious and controlled manner), you must ask yourself why you developed them. Sounds like a whole bunch of connected stuff down one side.

Could be something in your running gait that is unduly stressing the right side (or that the right side is compensating for something on the left) or could be that deadlifting is highlighting a weakness there. Might be worth seeing a professional and maybe getting your running gait and DL form checked when you're back to full health to eliminate a repeat experience.

good idea, thank you. my right side is definitely dominant. forgot to mention i spent 4 hours riding my motorcycle on sunday and lower back was sore from it. will ask the trainer to evaluate form.

it does seem odd how everything is on the right side. i guess i just needed to hear somebody else say it!

:-)