Energy levels are Low

Options
Just wanted to see if anyone had any good snacks or things they add to their meals that boost there energy, I generally workout 5 days a week minimum and my cal allowance is 1300. I am 5,2 and weight 167lbs.

I have suddenly felt a slump in my energy levels, i am not sure if it because I am now spacing my workouts out to one day on and one day off. When i was at it everyday I felt fine.

Happy to open my diary if anyone has any pointers - Please note i drinks about a gallon of water a day, I do not log my water as drinking it is just second nature to me.

Thanks in advance xx

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more food to support the amount of exercising you are doing because 1300 calories are too low. Set-up your profile in MFP to match your exercise level and set a reasonable weekly weight loss goal. Finally, eat back at least half of your exercise calories.

As a rule of thumb, the following weekly targets would give a balance between minimizing negative side effects and seeing a reasonable weekly weight loss:

More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more food to support the amount of exercising you are doing because 1300 calories are too low. Set-up your profile in MFP to match your exercise level and set a reasonable weekly weight loss goal. Finally, eat back at least half of your exercise calories.

As a rule of thumb, the following weekly targets would give a balance between minimizing negative side effects and seeing a reasonable weekly weight loss:

More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback, and excuse my lack of MFP knowledge but how to i adjust my calories to suit the amount of exercise i do.

Do i need to change the 'describe your normal daily activity part' ?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yes you need more food...you are netting under 1200 and you wonder why you have no energy...you need to fuel your workouts.

I workout 5-6x a week...sometimes 2x a day (weights then cardio) I can eat 1900 a day and lose 1/2lb a week...

Set your MFP to lose a reasonable amount of weight a week, choose an appropriate exercise level pre exercise then log your exercise and eat back 50-75% of those calories...

Your goal should be Eat as much as you can and still lose weight...not starve and punish yourself for being over weight.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback, and excuse my lack of MFP knowledge but how to i adjust my calories to suit the amount of exercise i do.

Do i need to change the 'describe your normal daily activity part' ?

NO you don't do that here...you set your activity level pre exercise then log your exercise calories...and eat those back otherwise you are double dipping and you will not lose appropriately or even gain...
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just have one day per week or one day where you feel fatigued where you up your carb intake. That'll sort it out.
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Options
    Doing that right now, the fear of not losing again is enough to push me lo. Thank you so much
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Maca powder, great in yogurt or a smoothie
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Doing that right now, the fear of not losing again is enough to push me lo. Thank you so much

One day of extra carbs won't make much difference, you'll still be in a deficit.