Six pack

Options
Hi guys,

Is it possible to have only six packs without biceps and developing chest ( in other words maintain a flat chest).

What exercise must one do to get six packs?

Thanks

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    We all have a six pack....it's the shape of our abdominal muscle.

But, we have layers of fat overtop of it. So, in order to see the six pack we need to burn layers of fat off which means getting into single digit body-fat percentages. It also helps if your abs are developed (resistance trained).

We CAN NOT control where fat comes off of our body first, so don't ask, because no one can tell you.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    You have a six pack....it's just hiding.

Eat a deficit to lose fat.
    Abs are built in the kitchen.

No way to spot reduce your fat loss.
    Pick up heavy things to strengthen and tone.

You won't get all huge and beastly if you don't want to.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to do that?
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    We all have a six pack....it's the shape of our abdominal muscle.

But, we have layers of fat overtop of it. So, in order to see the six pack we need to burn layers of fat off which means getting into single digit body-fat percentages. It also helps if your abs are developed (resistance trained).

We CAN NOT control where fat comes off of our body first, so don't ask, because no one can tell you.

Totally agree..you can not control where the weight comes off first. I am not really understanding why you would want to have a six pack but have no visual muscle in your chest and arms???

I do not agree you NEED to be in the single digit body-fat percentages to have a six pack. My six pack is under A LOT of fat right now. However 8 years ago I had a fairly good six pack going and I would have still been about 22% -24% body fat. It is different for different people (and genders)
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to do that?

Yes, OP. Why?