Just started and feeling really tired.

Options
2»

Replies

• Autumnfilly2005
    Autumnfilly2005 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good luck and hang in there! One thing that should be noted is that if your doctor put you in a 1200 cal diet, make sure you get ALL those 1200 cal! Going under by too much puts your body in starvation mode, where your body is burning muscle for energy. When you do eat, your body tries to turn everything into fat because it believes you need those reserves to survive the famine. I highly recommend stocking up on the protein!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the change to become more healthy! It's a HUGE step, and it can be scary and sometimes very frustrating.

I think there are a couple of things going on here, first going from 5000 calories a day down to 1200 calories a day overnight has probably shocked the H!@# out of your body. Some of the tiredness is to be expected, however, I do believe you should talk with your Dr. again and let him/her know all that is going on. It may have been too drastic a cut too quickly, or you may be working yourself a bit harder than he/she realized you would. Some exhaustion and soreness is to be expected, but diziness and pain are not a good thing.

Best of luck to you!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I was on a VLC diet last week (for a weeks boost) ... I was actually on just under 800kals a day....
    Day 1= Edgy
    Day 2 = No energy
    Day 3 = Dizzy, Headaches, etc etc etc
    Day 4 = FEEL AMAZING but hungry all the time
    Day 5 = FEEL AMAZING , Not hungry
    Day 6 = Feel AMAZING, not hungry
    Day 7 = Not even getting hungry - LOST 9lb.

Im back to normal now but the point in all of this, going from such a high intake down to what you are on, those symptoms seem normal and will be gone in a few days so hang in there. Youll feel great for it.

I am really sorry to disagree, but eating under 800 calories per day (and most likely doing some exercise) is just not a good long term viable solution. Losing weight fast is not the goal. Sorry to disagree, but I just have to respond... thanks!
  • jdawgs0314
    jdawgs0314 Posts: 34
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • jmangini
    jmangini Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was on a VLC diet last week (for a weeks boost) ... I was actually on just under 800kals a day....
    Day 1= Edgy
    Day 2 = No energy
    Day 3 = Dizzy, Headaches, etc etc etc
    Day 4 = FEEL AMAZING but hungry all the time
    Day 5 = FEEL AMAZING , Not hungry
    Day 6 = Feel AMAZING, not hungry
    Day 7 = Not even getting hungry - LOST 9lb.

Im back to normal now but the point in all of this, going from such a high intake down to what you are on, those symptoms seem normal and will be gone in a few days so hang in there. Youll feel great for it.

I am really sorry to disagree, but eating under 800 calories per day (and most likely doing some exercise) is just not a good long term viable solution. Losing weight fast is not the goal. Sorry to disagree, but I just have to respond... thanks!

There was actually a newer study that demonstrated losing weight quickly was very effective for keeping weight off if anyone would like to check it out, here's the link

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/05/07/us-diet-weightloss-idUSTRE6464BQ20100507