Drinking more water and breaking out?

Options
jennnco
jennnco Posts: 516 Member
Hi all,
I've read varying opinions on this so I thought I'd ask you all about your experiences:
I've started drinking more water this past week and my skin has broken out way more than it usually does... Is this a temporary purging process (as i have read and heard from other sources) or is this a myth and I should potentially look into changing something else in my skincare routine?

I'd appreciate any insight! :) Thanks!

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    sounds like confirmation bias to me....
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, honestly, but my first thought if it's just been a week is that it could be hormonal and unrelated to the water consumption.

My skin has become clearer but much more oily & less dry on my face since I've joined this site and lost weight. I am eating a bit differently and drinking a lot more water. Not sure if it's related.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I've always found/read that the more water you drink the more clear your skin is.
  • purplemurfy
    purplemurfy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The more water you drink, the clearer your skin will get. Maybe just a fluke or temporary flushing out.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking plain water or are you counting green (or regular) tea, flavoured waters, etc?

When I first started drinking more water, I counted only plain water and noticed my skin clear up. Then I read that it's fine to count coffee, tea, etc in as part of your hydration so I started counting those (and drinking less actual water) and my face started breaking out like crazy.

So now I'm back to only counting plain water and my skin's in a pretty good place (cept around that "monthly time").
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've always found/read that the more water you drink the more clear your skin is.

^^ This has always been my experience, too. It could be something else totally unrelated. Stress, hormones, food, TOM, facial cleanser, lotion, moisturizer. Anything. Give it some time. I've noticed a lot more breakouts since I started on here but I think it's pure coincidence as I also started a new BC around the same time. And pretty much all I drink is water.