Tips to lose 5 pound sin seven days?!!

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Okay i asked for tips to drop the weight not for endless smart *kitten* remarks but thanks anyways!

I am aware that losing so much in a week is bad. I am aware that it is very difficult to do so . I know all this.

sooooooo you dont want good advice then.
    you want people to tell you what you want to hear, despite you *knowing* it's bad?
  • Cleo58
    Cleo58 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Of course you can lose 5 lbs safely. You are young and your metabolism is probably the best it will ever be. Use that in your favor-walk an extra mile everyday or jog some of the way. Up your water intake and lower the white food intake. You will do it!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Okay i asked for tips to drop the weight not for endless smart *kitten* remarks but thanks anyways!

Welcome-to-the-Internet.jpg
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    What is the prize for said "competition"?

1 large pizza w/extra cheese. Enjoy!!!
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I would talk with a priest! A five pound sin sounds like a big sin to lose!

FTW!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Lower carbs and sodium, drink lots of water.

This .....it will just be water weight though. You could Google Biggest Loser "cheats"
  • aglopez1102
    aglopez1102 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    400 dollars , that's the price. and to some that might not seem worth it but to me it is.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much you will lose in a week if you do this, but you are going to lose some weight if you follow through:

for this week, eat only veggies. You can eat them any way you want. Raw, steamed, sautéed, roasted, stir fry. Eat as many veggies as you want. You can use some EVOO each day (maybe up to 2 tablespoons for a salad....but if you're using EVOO in stir fry or sautéing, you have to count that too).

Each day, drink 6 liters of water (yes, that's a gallon and a half).

Don't eat or drink anything else. No salt or other seasonings that include sodium.

Exercise as you normally would. Changing up your exercise routine or adding to it could cause you to retain more water as your body adjusts to a new routine....so given your time frame, I wouldn't change up the exercise routine.

I did this in 2011. Granted, I had more to lose than you have to lose, but I lost 10 pounds in the first week doing this. I'm not suggesting it is advisable or that you will keep the weight off. I actually did this "veggie cleanse" for 3 and a half weeks....but the weight loss tapered off after the first two weeks (in weeks 3 and 4, you add 8 ounces of chicken breast a day). Its my understanding that some professional wrestlers use this cleanse ... or at least my friend told me that he learned about it from the Iron Shiek and they did it together. Anyway, I don't plan to do this again and I certainly wouldn't try to muddle through more than a week or so of it.....but you asked if there was a way and this is a way that could get the results you're after. For me, I didn't gain any of the weight back because I really focused afterwards on eating healthy and doing some HIIT. I did plateau some as I had screwed up my body's metabolism....but that worked itself out before long. Anyway, I'm just passing along something that I learned from someone else and I'm telling you the results that I got.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    OP here is what you do.

Cut carbs to a bare minimum then cardio and weight lift your heart out until you bonk (cannot do more). This is to deplete the glycogen stored in your muscles.

After that session keep carbs at a minimum and stop all exercise. This is to prevent glycogen restock and keep your muscles from retaining water.

Keep your sodium intake low. With sodium comes water retention. Don't overdo this or you could cause yourself harm.

Drink lots of water, like 2 gallons a day. This will lower your bodies sodium levels. Don't over do this or you could cause yourself harm.

The day before the weigh in stop with the huge water intake, drink only a couple of glasses. This will cause your body to flush out most of the water you are carrying since you won't be replenishing it.

Congratulations on losing 5 pounds of water and making yourself weak and a little sick.

If you want explicit instructions on how to do this I'd look up forums for sports which require weigh-in like boxing or wrestling.

Afterwords you can maybe smash your face into the pavement repeatedly to win that bruising and contusion contest at work.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    dnyphz.gif

At your weight? Chop off a foot. -5 instantly!
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Meth

Even your teeth lose weight!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I really hate these threads :grumble:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    2 low sugar fruits per day (apple, berries, grapefruit, pear, orange)
    eat salmon, tuna, fish chicken turkey only (eat a lot of these)
    non-starchy veggie - greens, peppers, onion, garlic, cucumber, cabbage, tomato eggplant, etc (eat a lot of these)
    2 probiotics - yakult, keifer, greek yogurt, or low sugar (in other words plain) yogurt
    1-2 tbsp olive oil for healthy fat

make sure to net over 1200 calories

You will drop weight quick. don't do this for more then 2 weeks.

Low sugar, no processed foods, mo heavy carbs, high protein, high fiber.

for salad dressings use balsamic vinegar and oil. use spices to change things up.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    400 dollars , that's the price. and to some that might not seem worth it but to me it is.

Hell I'd go low carb/low sodium for a couple of days for $400 for sure!
  • AlisiaMurta
    AlisiaMurta Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've done the Jillian Michaels Detox a couple times and lose about 5-6 pounds in water weight, and i'm on the crest of not losing much weight anymore.

60 oz. of water
    tablespoon of natural cranberry juice
    1 dandelion root tea bag
    2 tablespoons of natural lemon juice

DRINK ONE EVERY DAY FOR 7 DAYS.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've done the Jillian Michaels Detox a couple times and lose about 5-6 pounds in water weight, and i'm on the crest of not losing much weight anymore.

60 oz. of water
    tablespoon of natural cranberry juice
    1 dandelion root tea bag
    2 tablespoons of natural lemon juice

DRINK ONE EVERY DAY FOR 7 DAYS.

You forgot to add ....

and 2 drops of snake oil :-p
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Soup, laxatives, double mastectomy.
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I dropped 8 pounds of water weight in 2-3 days. Definitely unhealthy and uncomfortable, but it can be done.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Cut your hair, cut your nails, maybe removing an arm would help.

There's something to be said for that level of dedication.

OP, all you're going to lose is water and waste weight, not really a worthwhile endeavor. That said, diuretics should do the trick.

Rigger