Endomondo vs. Map my Fitness App

Options
Anyone use either or both of these to track fitness? what one works best and why or why dont you like them? I have used endomondo for years and discovered that map my fitness was a free app also and downloaded it:) I am thinking I kinda like the map my fitness app better, but I am not sure I think that ONLY because its new! lol

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I used MapMyFitness in the past but found it unstable and unreliable. I now use Endomondo and Runkeeper in parallel, with a premium subscription to Endomondo.
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Unstable as in? GPS?
  • pmpmaloney
    pmpmaloney Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo and Strava to track my rides.

Endomondo because I've used it for years and it covers a huge amount of activities, and also because it links so easily to MFP.
    Strava because I like to see how my times are compared to others (sad but true)...

I run them both on an iphone 4S and never had any issues with them dropping or being unstable.
  • TheSaoirseTree
    TheSaoirseTree Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I used MapMyFitness when I still had an android phone. It would lock up or not connect to the gps pretty often. I thought it was the app, so I switched to endomondo and never had anymore problems.

Now I have an iphone and still use endomondo with no issues, but I haven't tried to use mapmyfitness since then. Not sure if I had issues because of the phone I had or not.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Unstable as in? GPS?

Problems uploading from my phone to the web service, and inconsistent tracking, although that's as much a function of the phone that you're using it on than the app. I've found it the least tolerant of poor quality GPS signal of the five main apps.
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It seems that when I run them together that Endomondo has a significant increase in calories burned compared to Map my fitness...hmmmm