Question about Scooby's numbers

Options
Scooby says my BMR is 1823. My TDEE is 2188. My calories based on goal ( -20% ) in step 6 is 1750. So is Scooby saying I need to eat less than my BMR?
Little background, I was doing a LCD and had gone 3 weeks without losing anything. I was reading comments on the boards that said to eat more to weigh less and if it fits your macros, eat it. All the people that posted these processes had been on here a long time and had lost a lot of weight so I figure they know what they are talking about. So, I decided to switch since obviously, what I was doing was not working. Here I am now trying to figure out what I need to eat :) Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    By those numbers, your goal would be less than your BMR - and that's fine. Honestly people love to repeat the myth/general misunderstanding that eating less than your BMR is somehow bad or inherently dangerous but that's largely nonsense. Use your BMR to calculate your TDEE and then stop worrying about BMR.

As for "eat more to weigh less" that's frequently overprescribed advice. If you're stressing your body to the point that it's retaining water due to elevated cortisol levels, eating more can potentially cause a drop in weight as your body destresses, cortisol levels fall and you shed some of that water weight. As a general rule though, eating more calories means you will lose less (or maintain/gain). Just make sure you calorie counts are as accurate as possible and then give it time before reevaluating/changing your plan.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the advice. I wasn't sure if I had entered something wrong in the calculator or not. Now, I will trust the process and stop stressing :)
    Thanks again :bigsmile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It's kinda odd, I'm assuming you're completely sedentary?