When you feel "fat"...

Options
I am feeling very gross and "FAT" today. You know that term encompasses way more than our bodies? Anytime a woman is feeling down, depressed, angry, or even bored - she starts feeling FAT. I feel that way today, and I don't know why! I'm in a good mood, it's been a great day - I think I'm just insecure today. I wish I knew how to find the right bra that could contain the rolls on my back! This is something I struggle with SO MUCH everyday that I feel a breakdown coming on. :explode:

Feeling "fat" isn't actually about BEING fat. Feeling fat is all about how we view ourselves and react to the things that go on during the day. It's all about emotion - and fat is something that everyone has been led to believe all of their lives is the worst thing to be. Of course we would equate negative feelings with fat. You may not even be fat, and you can feel like it!

I try to tell myself on the days I feel FAT that I need to dig a little deeper and figure out what is bothering me. I suggest everyone try this: Whenever you are having a FAT day - write down whatever has happened that day and how you have handled stressful situations. Maybe you could call a friend and vent. Or just post it on here, which is what I have been doing! :tongue:
Whatever it is, try to get it out of yourself and into the world - holding things in just causes them to build up. And remember - YOU MAY BE "FAT" AND YOU MAY NOT, BUT *FEELING* FAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! :heart:

Replies

• BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    I am feeling very gross and "FAT" today. You know that term encompasses way more than our bodies? Anytime a woman is feeling down, depressed, angry, or even bored - she starts feeling FAT. I feel that way today, and I don't know why! I'm in a good mood, it's been a great day - I think I'm just insecure today. I wish I knew how to find the right bra that could contain the rolls on my back! This is something I struggle with SO MUCH everyday that I feel a breakdown coming on. :explode:

Feeling "fat" isn't actually about BEING fat. Feeling fat is all about how we view ourselves and react to the things that go on during the day. It's all about emotion - and fat is something that everyone has been led to believe all of their lives is the worst thing to be. Of course we would equate negative feelings with fat. You may not even be fat, and you can feel like it!

I try to tell myself on the days I feel FAT that I need to dig a little deeper and figure out what is bothering me. I suggest everyone try this: Whenever you are having a FAT day - write down whatever has happened that day and how you have handled stressful situations. Maybe you could call a friend and vent. Or just post it on here, which is what I have been doing! :tongue:
    Whatever it is, try to get it out of yourself and into the world - holding things in just causes them to build up. And remember - YOU MAY BE "FAT" AND YOU MAY NOT, BUT *FEELING* FAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! :heart:
  • pamschwab3
    pamschwab3 Posts: 12
    Options
    You are totally right! It has nothing to do with your size...you could be Barbie and still have "fat" days!
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've been having a "fat" week--too many crying jags, too much feeling bad about myself for no reason. At least I haven't been making myself actually fat by eating too bad...
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    WOW!
    I have never thought about this until now!! I felt really fat last night and this morning, i even said so to my husband, and since being on here and watching what i eat and exercising I haven't said it for AGES!!
    Then i read this and realise i had a VERY bad day yesterday, stressed, angry and upset to name but a few emotions!
    So yes i think you have a very valid point!

Amanda
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!! "Fat" is not a feeling, and almost always is about something other than my body. I find it helpful too to really think about what is bothering me instead.

Thank you for bringing this up.