Calories burnt playing DDR?

Options
I hope you a;; haven't had people asking this all the time on here, but does anyone know how many calories that Dance Dance Revolution / Dancing Stage game burns off? I know some versions of it have a calorie counter but I've heard it's very inaccurate. Plus the version I'm using doesn't include that.

I'm doing stuff about the same as this person: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQj-ASUQsZQ
And I play for about 20-30 minutes at a time.

There's obviously better exercises out there (and I make an effort to do them too!) but it's a good bit of fun and even if it only burns off a little, that's better than most video games! :)

Replies

• mattle
    mattle Posts: 14
    Options
    The very best way to measure your calories burned is going to be a heart rate monitor. Everyone burns different amounts doing the same workout. You will also find that you yourself will burn different amounts of calories doing the same workout. My heart rate monitor is the one of the best investments I made in getting healthy and losing weight. I would strongly recommend it, otherwise you will be getting inaccurate approximations.

I am currently doing the P90X program, and have seen variations of as much as 200 to 300 calories burned on the same workout depending on how hard I pushed myself and how I'm feeling.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    You probably need a HRM to figure that out, its just like when I wanted to know how much Zumba burned....I could guesstimate by typing in 60 min of dance etc...but in the end I was off by like 300 calories...