misleading calorie info on products

Options
daydream58
daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
Here's what I just potsed on Cobs Bread's facebook page.

What are you willing to bet they spin this somehow... like the stores are in charge of their own slices and so it has nothing to do with them? How about there must be something wrong with my scale? What do you think?

FACEBOOK POST
So I'm tracking my food, trying to lose a few pounds and I notice your site lists that TWO slices of sour dough only weigh 41g? I had to read it three times before I could believe my eyes. How exactly do you propose I obtain 20g slices, because the slicers at the stores in my city do not slice anywhere NEAR thin enough to ever get close to that fairytale weight! I cut ONE slice in half and it was still 24g and it was only 1/8th inch thick, which I think we can all agree does not a sandwich make!

If you are fed up with companies making it impossible to accurately track your food due to their silly and misleading information, maybe we could do something about it? Shame them into being honest? I guess that is a bigger fairy tale than their wishful thinking even, but I'm open to ideas.

Signed,
Fed up with being mislead

Replies