Ummm is this normal?

Options
2»

Replies

• jennanostyle
    Options
    Happened to me too. I ended up going to the doctor and getting all sorts checked out but it stopped as soon as I started eating normally again. I'm now taking a break from hardcore weight loss to recover.
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    Just checked your profile. You have a baby under 1 year old. When you are pregnant you get extra lovely lustrous hair from hormones and vitamins. When your body is getting over that hormone and vitamin rush, your new mane falls out. I'm not saying it's not from diet but I'm pointing out this is a VERY normal occurrence after kids.

Spot on. When I first read your post the first thing I thought of was, "did she just have a baby?" Your hormones are changing. You are fine.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. The fats in my diet were very low. Saw the doctor who said I needed to eat more good fat. With the increase in fat the problem is much better and I have new hair growth. (I did have a blood work up and was not deficient in any area and thyroid was fine.) But you never know. I think it's best to see your doctor.

I also have started taking biotin and collagen which I think has helped - but I am older so you may not need that.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It can be due to hormonal changes . . . as mentioned above as well as deficiency in iron or biotin. I also agree that you should be consuming at least 1200-1500 calories per day. Start tracking your iron on myfitnesspal and see how you are doing. If you are meeting that then try upping your calories and taking biotin (helps with hair and nails).

I have been losing my hair too . . . but I think it is due to doing HCG diet 3 months ago. I take a multi-vitamin daily to make sure I am hitting my iron. I get some biotin from it too but could probably take more.

I didn't know about the Herbal Essence shampoo or Dove shampoo . . . today I switched to Loreal. I'll see if I notice a difference.