any good reading??

Options
I am wanting to do a kitchen pantry makeover does anyone know of any books out there that can point me in the right direction to get the bad out and the good in?

Replies

• goldspaula
    Options
    Just my .02. I don't know how many times I emptied out my cupboards and filled them with wonderful healthy food suggested by this program or that diet. Only to end up donating most of that to the local food pantry. My best advice is keep what you eat, and just log and concentrate on portions. Unless your pantry is full of candy and chips, keeping to what you and your family loves will serve you best over time. I have made some good substitutions like wheat over white and low fat over full fat, but mostly our diet has remained the same this time and I have still last a satisfactory amount of weight so far.

Good luck with your project!!
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    When I was watching Jackie Warner's Thintervention on Bravo she said to get rid of everything that had over 5 grams of sugar in it. She has a book out called This is why you're fat.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Just my .02. I don't know how many times I emptied out my cupboards and filled them with wonderful healthy food suggested by this program or that diet. Only to end up donating most of that to the local food pantry. My best advice is keep what you eat, and just log and concentrate on portions. Unless your pantry is full of candy and chips, keeping to what you and your family loves will serve you best over time. I have made some good substitutions like wheat over white and low fat over full fat, but mostly our diet has remained the same this time and I have still last a satisfactory amount of weight so far.

I agree. Unless it's just you in the house and you want a complete overhaul I would suggest you keep what you have and maybe find a few substitutions. Unless it is full of chips, candy, etc then get rid of those :smile:
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options

Well said! And SO true! I wouldn't completely give up everything that you eat now. Just start incorporating healthy foods in with the usual foods you eat. Wheat over white, light dressings, fresh veggies and fruit, lean meats, etc. If this is to be a change in how you live then you want it to be gradual and actually take. No more crash diets because they seem too hard, different, or boring! Sorry I don't have any book names for ya!! Good luck!