This study is going to change how I eat!

Options

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading at "I stopped reading at Dr. Oz"
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I was watching Dr. Oz today

9rkDKoa.gif

Pretty much this.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    "Hey hon, what's for dinner?"

"A cup of cottage cheese, dear"

"Ok, what else?"

"That's it"

"dafuq"
  • SIMAKRA
    SIMAKRA Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Funny, when I eat breakfast in the a.m., I end up eating more throughout the day than if I delay breakfast or skip it. Even if it's nothing but protein, it seems to set me up for blood sugar drops all day. If I wait til around noon, I stay even and satisfied most of the day.
  • SIMAKRA
    SIMAKRA Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Funny, when I eat breakfast in the a.m., I end up eating more throughout the day than if I delay breakfast or skip it. Even if it's nothing but protein, it seems to set me up for blood sugar drops all day. If I wait til around noon, I stay even and satisfied most of the day.

Same here lol
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    In...

...for teeny tiny dinners.
    They let you back in! Yay. I missed your funny rebutals LOL
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    "Hey hon, what's for dinner?"

"A cup of cottage cheese, dear"

"Ok, what else?"

"That's it"

"dafuq"
    Hahahaha!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    You lost me at Dr. Oz.
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I stopped after Dr. Oz.

Amen.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    In all fairness, the OP did not say this study came from Dr. Oz, only that she found it while searching for something else that she saw on Dr. Oz. For all we know, the study is completely unrelated to the anecdote which caused the OP to stumble upon it.
  • RushBabe_214
    RushBabe_214 Posts: 115
    Options
    I was watching Dr. Oz today

9rkDKoa.gif

LOL! Exactly my reaction!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    In all fairness, the OP did not say this study came from Dr. Oz, only that she found it while searching for something else that she saw on Dr. Oz. For all we know, the study is completely unrelated to the anecdote which caused the OP to stumble upon it.

Yeah post and study don't seem to have a lot to do with Dr Oz really. I can't comment on the study since I can't get access to the full PDF< but I know Alan Aragon talked about this very study in one of his AARRs

Potential Limitations he mentions...

short time span (12 weeks)
    no supervision or provision of dietary intake (food was self-chosen & self-reported)
    results may only apply to obese women with metabolic syndrome
    no formal exercise program
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    How do you know if you have metabolic syndrome or insulin resistance? Does being significantly overweight or obese alone give any indication? I'm genuinely curious.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is a quack, but I tend to eat that way. I found that I am less hungry when I do
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    That’s great, but dinner is when my husband and I come together to laugh, open a bottle of wine, get the grill going and talk about our day. The sun is setting, the neighborhood is buzzing, and the dog gets some play time while dinner’s in the works. I love choosing recipes, planning meals, and trying out new cooking techniques. Maybe we’ll throw some oysters on the grill. Maybe I’ll whip up a batch of guacamole while we’re waiting for the flank steak to cook. Maybe I’ll experiment with a new cocktail. All doable with a 700-900 calorie spending limit, but 200? (Oh, but do get those 700 calories in at the suckiest part of the day, when you’re bleary-eyed and rushing out the door to go to work.)
    Just No. Sorry Dr. Oz. I doubt your credibility to begin with, but putting that aside, abiding by this study sounds about as joyless and miserable as having a granola bar for dinner. Forever. Which is pretty much the idea.

THIS
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    It's true one should eat less at dinner, simply because they don't have as much time to burn it off before they go to bed.

How realistic to do that depends on your family circumstances. The evening is the time when most families sit down together for dinner.

I'll tell you all these references to Dr. Oz, and what new weight loss snake oil that he promotes on his programs is getting a little annoying.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    We have a poster who was so gungho about not eating breakfast that I tried it. It helps me not to eat breakfast. I am less hungry and have more room for calories throughout the day when I want and need them. I can't do the full IF that he recommends because of my work schedule, but I do come close, and delaying breakfast just by several hours has really been helpful.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i starve with snacks at 200 calories let alone for my meal! Holy moly. I'm glad I go to the gym or i'd never survive. I do 3@500, 3@200 calories and i still struggle to be under!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz blah blah blah blah. Translation: give me your money for worthless stuff that does nothing.