New to this. Want friends!

Options
I wanted to use this site mostly just as a food log because I liked the setup, and how simple it makes counting calories.

Now, I am starting to realize this could be a great way to make some friends and get some support. So let me introduce myself.

I'm Lara. I've always liked exercise but I am horrible at eating right. That's where I am trying to change my life.
Height: 5'6
Weight: 170
Hip: 40
Waist: 33

I want to become a certified personal trainer within the next 2-3 years, but unless I get off the extra fat and get to my healthy weight, I don't know if people will take me seriously. Practice what you preach right?

Anyway, I'm looking for friends, and people that have good advice to give, because I'm happy to take it.

Replies

• adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Sounds very similar to me. I don't mind working out but my diet was absolutely horrible and also im new here too so id love be your friend and help you though your journey as well :)
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Hello Lara, plenty of friends and advice to find here! I also used it really as a calorie logging tool at first but the community side has been rewarding as well.
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    welcome Lara! love the name...
  • cjkasseckert
    cjkasseckert Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • mizzjessie
    Options
    Hi there! I am new here as well. I just finished my first week on MFP and love it! Feel free to friend request me.
  • porkerella
    Options
    Hi Lara. I was using the site too just as a food diary but yesterday I decided to venture into the community section. Seems to be loads of support and advice!
    Good luck with it all
    Lou x
  • buckeyereavis
    Options
    add me
  • djscardi
    djscardi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The community part to this website is so great because we're all here to do the same thing, lose weight and be healthy! There's always lots of encouragement and lots of people wanting to see each other succeed!! Good luck!!
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great and has helped me tremendously.... The support here is amazing! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like! :)
  • mamacita99
    mamacita99 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I just joined this week too - and love the tool - but the people are really nice too - and it's helping me stay on track which is what it's all about -
    Feel free to add me if you like!
    Lana