Do you ever...

Options
AzaleaNicole38
AzaleaNicole38 Posts: 102 Member
take off your wedding ring/ promise ring/ engagement ring etc. ?

My bf bought me a ring (not a promise ring, a ring just because) and I would wear it day and night.
I even wore it to sleep. Recently I decided to take it off (because my fingers were getting swollen), and it feels so liberating, haha! Don't get me wrong, we've been together since high school and have no plans of straying, but do you ever take off your ring?

Be it when you're going to the club, or the company xmas party etc.

Replies

• LegendaryOrange
    LegendaryOrange Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    I take mine off whenever I lift or armwrestle.
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    No, not ever. It is liberating to have it on. My wedding ring has embedded itself into my finger such that even if I ever did take it off, there is a permanent reminder.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I take them off to lift.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I never take off my rings... but I also don't ever take out my earrings unless I want to change them or if they're too big to sleep with in. Now I'm 40 weeks pregnant and I can't get them off because of all the swelling... hoping they won't need to be cut off!

My husband takes his off to go to work. He is a bricklayer and after wearing it to work one day it had more scratches on it then my dad's... (who has been married and worn his for 28 years!)
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Yes if my fingers swell, but I put another ring in it's place. I feel naked without it.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I guess my hubby and I are weird. We *have* bands, but we never wear them. DH can't wear his at work (mechanic) anyway, and stopped wearing mine when I was last pregnant (*major* edema, good thing I took it off early on, would have gotten cut off otherwise). I need to get mine resized (down now), and haven't gotten around to it.

Meh--doesn't bother me nor my husband whether we wear them or not. It's just jewelry to us (cheap jewelry, we were/are very poor, lol! It's our vows and promise to each other that matter most).

ETA: I suppose I should clarify that I don't have a thing against wearing my ring. I don't wear or own any other jewelry, either. I'm very, very plain :laugh: .
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    The only time I take my rings off is when I am swimming or when I am running when it's cold. I am afraid I will lose them when I am wearing them then. I have no desire to take them off if I were to go out dancing or to a nightclub, especially if I weren't with my husband. I'm not interested in being hit on. Besides, we've been together for 24 years and I have no clue how I should act if I WERE hit on. LOL
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    mine is off.... forever...

minions-excited.gif
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    take off your wedding ring/ promise ring/ engagement ring etc. ?

Very few times ever, and that is over almost 17 years.
  • golf4g
    golf4g Posts: 58
    Options
    I take my ring off when I take a shower or do gardening. It's my most precious possession.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    My wedding band is tattoo'd on.