Which Heart Rate Monitor or Pedometer???

Options
Okay my MFP family...i'm in a fix and need someone to rescue me!!!

I go to market n amazon and i see thousands of different HRMs n pedometers everywhere!
n Gosh they're all so appealing...

I have Never used an HRM before but i did own a fitbit before it kinda stopped working somehow...

But i dont want a tradional pedometer coz that won't calculate my cals burnt during workout.... but i dont want just an HRM as well that will only be good for workouts...

Can we have both the functions in one??

I did find this Polar Loop which apparently does both, but on amazon a alot of people are complaining it has issues with syncing and computability....

I really want to get one and soon!

Would love you precious suggestions... Also, i'm a little tight on the budget ..anything less or around $100 ...?? :drinker:

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I have two pedometers and both calculate steps and calories burned. The first one and my favorite is SYNCSTEP and cost me less than $20 at Meijers. The other I ordered from Amazon...OMRON HJ-321 and I believed it cost me @$35.00.
  • elyanta
    elyanta Posts: 11
    Options
    I have a polar hrm and a fitbit one. Hrm are great for wearing while you are actively working out to know what you burned. I wear my hrm while working out at home. I always wear my fitbit and I use it as a general guideline of what I have burned threw the day but I dont take it that seriously when deciding how many calories I can eat in a day. If you want something that calculates calories burned all day long there are a few but the only one I really know about has a monthly subscription fee (body bugg or media I am not 100% on the name).
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    There isn't really a good option that combines both yet.

How old is your Fitbit? If you bought it from an authorized reseller, have the receipt and it's less than a year old, Fitbit will probably replace it.
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options

How old is your Fitbit? If you bought it from an authorized reseller, have the receipt and it's less than a year old, Fitbit will probably replace it.
    Unfortunately it's been more than an year since i bought it. It just stopped working. But i'm gonna get a new charger off ebay and see if that fixes it...
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have my MFP account set to lose 1 lb per week. I have synced it with Fitbit and I eat back most of/all my exercise calories. I am losing 1 lb per week pretty consistently -- sometimes more, but so far never less. I pretty much trust the fitbit calorie estimates.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options

Unfortunately it's been more than an year since i bought it. It just stopped working. But i'm gonna get a new charger off ebay and see if that fixes it...
    Which Fitbit model is it? Don't pay much for a charger. It's probably more likely to be the battery itself, which can't be replaced. Do you know anyone with a Fitbit who can try to charge yours to see?
  • maryke22
    maryke22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My fitbit one stopped working. I used the help online, they asked me to try 2 different fixes and when neither worked they asked me to email them a copy of my reciept. My replacement arrived in 4 days. Great customer service department!
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor Watch and love it!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKPXJTU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you have any additional questions about this monitor feel free to message me.
  • maryke22
    maryke22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and while it does not have a heartrate monitor, it does instantly update My Fitness Pal with your calories burned so that MFP can add extra calories to your daily allowance after your goal is subtracted. It also has a sleep monitor so you can check your quality of sleep and average time. I love my Fitbit. I have a One and my husband has the bracelet. Both are about $89. Canadian online.