Fighting Fatigue

Options
Does anyone have any tips for fighting fatigue other than energy drinks/supplements? I have the hardest time getting motivated because of fatigue but don't want to be "wired". I do have hypothyroidism and am on medication for it so I do know what is causing it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! And I am getting adequate amounts of sleep as well.

Replies

• ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism too, and I found that my dosage wasn't enough. I chatted with my doctor and even though my blood tests put me in "normal" range, my basal tempature (your body's tempature when you first wake up in the AM before you start moving) was way too low. My Dr. upped my dosage and I'm feeling much better. You may want to check with your Dr. to see if that's an option for you. Otherwise you could try alternative therapies like acupuncture...those have helped me in the past, too! :) Good luck!
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    First, you should ask your doctor about your symtoms. Even with hypothyroidism, you shouldn't feel as fatiuged as you do. In the meantime, you say you are getting adequate amounts of sleep, but everyone is different and you might need more than what you think of as 'adequate'. Also, if you are eating less trying to lose weight, that tires your body out, too. Losing weight is hard work. I find that when I eat less, I need at least 9 hours of sleep each night. When I am eating more, I can do with 7 to 8.