Cannot loose anymore!!

I used to be 161, started in Feb. I know my weight loss is slow, but I am okay with that. But now I have been stuck at 145 for a month. Still limiting my calories everyday, recently got a treadmill and have been running for about 20-25 minutes a day, and I am a babysitter so I am constantly going. I have hit a road block and cannot get past it. Feeling fatter than ever!!! Does hydroxycut or anything work or just give me some tips? Please and thanks

And I meant lose not loose. Sorry about that, for the grammar freaks.

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    My tip is skip the hydroxycut and lower your calories or increase your activity. And make sure your goal weight is realistic. Good luck!
  • loruhh93
    loruhh93 Posts: 6
    Thanks for your advise!
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    So I was in a similar position a couple of months ago and actually was gaining weight. I was working out 2x to 3x a day and mostly was under my calorie goals (or thought I was) but I was eating out 80% of my meals. I hired a trainer/nutritionist and they did the following:

#1 - asked me to prepare my meals at home at least 90% and to weigh everything

#2 - Cut down my work outs by over 1/2 (felt I was over stressing my body)

#3 - Change up everything about my workouts. (your body gets used to the workouts over time and learns to do the same thing but with less calories). But besides changing my workouts make them shorter but intense. Be sure to SWEAT!

Net result after 2 months on this program even with TONS of work travel (live on the West Coast but traveled 5x to the East coast in the past 2 months) I'm down 17 pounds.

so what I learned was

#1 - Don't eat out when possible as it's hard to weigh the food and you don't know how much butter and salt and other oils they are using to make the food taste better but add tons of calories. Prepare food at home and weigh it all. That's the only way you can be sure you know how many calories your putting in your body.

#2 - change the workouts - but shorten them and make them INTENSE!

So I'm on this program now until I stop losing weight. When I reach a new plateau he'll change everything up again. But for now I'm sticking with this program as it's working.

Good Luck!
  • loruhh93
    Thanks a lot!
  • loruhh93
    How did you weigh everything? In the store or did you buy a little scale or what?
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    It appears that you are WAY under eating.,. Has no one mentioned this to you before?? Most days lately you're eating 900-1000 calories. And you're young and active!! It's no wonder to me you're stalled.

Try this calculator and see what it tells you that you should be eating

http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/bmr/
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Definitely get a food scale - best investment ever for making sure you are eating the correct serving sizes at home. It helps you learn to "eyeball" a serving size while out as well (after a while of weighing).
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    You appear to eat a lot of frozen/prepared foods.

Get a food scale- they are fairly cheap. Weigh everything. Its much more accurate than measuring cups.

Learn to make your own meals. I understand you may be busy. Perhaps making some meals on the weekends and freezing them for later in the week.

Lots of healthy meals can be made in a crock pot.

And don't forget to drink water. You may be and not just recording it. Get in the habit of having a bottle with you at all times.

And make sure you eat to your goal. You need to feed your body.
  • loruhh93
    Thanks guys, will eat more and look into the scale