So tired!!

Options
So I go to the gym and workout for about an hour to an hour and half and when I get home and take a shower and sit for a few mins., I am so tired and most of the time I end up taking a nap. I eat around 1300 cal a day, my goal is 1420 so I am not to far off from that I take womans one a day muli- vitamin and I workout 5 days a week. I am up at 7:30 and go to bed at 9:30.... So why am I so tired?????

Replies

• patti1007
    patti1007 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with being extremely tired after an intense work out. My dietician recommended that I eat some protein/carbs within an hour of working out and see if that helps. I haven't really tried it yet but plan to.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? Or at least some of them? Your body may not have enough fuel to keep you going...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i am too, that's why i work out at night, but the time i get home, log in all my stuff and shower...it's bedtime...and most of the time i sleep like the dead
  • dudleyvic
    Options
    You just exhurted a lot of energy. I'm pretty sure it's okay to take a nap. You would be buring calories while you take the nap.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Try eating foods that last longer and maybe a little more since you are working out.
  • annalheesem
    Options
    Try taking extra B12 or even CoQ10...that always helps!
  • kstone1976
    Options
    No I dont eat my exercise cal. I am to scared too. I dont want to get on the scale and not have any loss.... I get scare just to get near my 1400... I have a few times but for the most part I dont.....
  • SarahBC
    SarahBC Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thats your first mistake is not eating your exercise calories you need to be eating them or your body will store fat as it will be in starvation mode which can be why your so tried....

Also you don't need to be in the gym for 1 hour and a half, you can get in and out in halfa to one hour you need to change up your exercise routine and make it more intense rather than longer.

Also look into foods that are high in iron and protein as you could be lacking iron which will make you tried...
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is a real thing and you can do real damage to your metabolism. It will slow and make burning even a small amount of calories difficult. Our bodies are wired to burn more when we give it the fuel it needs. Otherwise it thinks it will not see another meal for a while so it stores everything! It is also not healthy. I bet if you make sure you are getting 1000-1200 NET cals your weight loss will speed up AND you will have the energy you need. Any doctor and nutritionist will tell you this. Good luck!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    No I dont eat my exercise cal. I am to scared too. I dont want to get on the scale and not have any loss.... I get scare just to get near my 1400... I have a few times but for the most part I dont.....

You need to eat those calories if you don't you won't lose, you may even GAIN weight and that is counterproductive. You are tired because your body is lacking nutrition to keep going. Eat your exercise calories :) and read the following thread on it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/117726-eating-exercise-cals-slowing-your-weight-loss-read-this
  • Roobean33
    Options
    I try to eat something pretty soon after, even though after I workout, I am rarely hungry until 2 hours later. After you shower, try a glass of milk, yogurt, anything with a good amount of protein to help you perk up.
  • mia66
    mia66 Posts: 425
    Options
    I always eat a healthy carb and some protein within 30 min of my workout. Like a fruit and some peanut butter or tuna, even a piece of whole wheat toast with it. I am hungry and need to eat. I also always eat all or most of my calories that are burned in my workout as well. I believe that this has been the biggest part of my sucess. you really need to eat enough to loose weight.
    If I am still hungry at night before bed and have already eaten my colories I will have something small and healthy, I do not ever go to bed hungry. I find that this happens once in awhile and believe that I have to listen to my body and not solely rely on the calorie number left. Some days your body just needs a lttle extra.
    I have found that learning to trust myself with food has been an important challenge.
    Hope this helps.
    I read a good post awhile ago, I will send it to you if I can find it again.
    Mia.:bigsmile:

368038.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods