Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Say no to Crash Diets!! Exercise is the only way!

Elimi88
Elimi88 Posts: 25 Member
Hi!! I just wanted to share my experience and excitement at this new lifestyle :) I'm 1m50 so relatively petite and have weighed 57-58 kilos for the past 5 years at least! I have done my bit of diets gone very wrong (including 14 day diet, cabbage soup diet, cayenne pepper diet, yes crazy me that was basically starvation) and have to say that although I would lose weight at times, I would always gain it back when I would go back to a normal lifestyle which I understand now should have been so obvious to me! I had limited exercise, even if I did have gym membership I did not maximize my workouts and was never really motivated! The only diet that I followed properly for 2 months was the Dukan Diet which had great results but I didn't continue the diet and once again gained all the weight back.

Anyways, it's all about a trigger and this happened to me when I recently moved countries for a new job and incorporated the gym in my daily routine, I got a personal trainer 4 times a week and I workout 6 times a week doing classes Spinning, Kickboxing, zumba, lower body & abs for 2 hours everyday. I've started going to the gym before work and after work! Although it was hard at first, it has become a routine now and I have a goal to reach so I am very motivated. What's very different this time from the previous times I have tried loosing weight is I don't feel like I'm on a diet so I don't feel unhappy although I have been very strict and healthy but enough to perform at my best too whilst keeping a calorie deficit for weight loss. And also, I don't have a short time goal... previously I always wanted to 'lose weight fast' and always looking for a quick fix! But after 6 years of crash dieting, I know for a fact by experience there is NO QUICK WAY. and no weight loss can be maintained without exercise especially if you start eating normally after dieting!!The most interesting part is I am not at all watching the scale constantly, which I was doing a lot previously and getting easily discouraged!! I weigh myself every 2 weeks and since my last weigh in my weight has been the same but my fat has really reduce and muscle increased which is my goal! I know if this had happened to me a few years ago I would give up but after properly researching I finally understand how important it is not to focus on the total weight but rather muscle & fat%, and most importantly cm lost! Here are my latest results.

28th May to 10th June measurements: (2 weeks)
Arms- 28cm to 25.50cm
Bust- 93cm to 89 cm
Waistline- 83 cm to 74cm
Thighs- 46 cm to 42cm
Hips- 95cm to 93cm

24th May to 05 June measurements: (2.5 weeks)
Total Weight- 57 to 57 - no change
Fat- 16.40 to 15.70 (-0.70)
Fat%- 28.77% to 27.50% (-1.27%)
Muscle- 40.60 to 41.30 (+0.70)
Fat to Loose- 7.40 to 6.60 (-0.80)

Sorry ddidnt realize the post would be so long! Anyways, I've been the crash dieter, I've been the person who gives up, who thinks it can't be done. But it can, everyone just needs a trigger and some motivation. It's very very hard to get started but once a routine is established, it gets easier!!!!!! Please share any success stories you have!!!! :)

Replies

• Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    I tried the Isagenix 30-day cleansing diet. Basically every 7-9 days do not eat for two consecutive days. I was exercising too and I lost 25 lbs in 2 months. I began to dread the 2 day fasts and went off the program and eventually stopped exercising. I gained the 25 lbs back within a year then added another 25 lbs over the course of a few years b/c I got away from exercising and had a terrible diet.
  • RatherBeFishing
    RatherBeFishing Posts: 61 Member
    http://www.ergo-log.com/lose-four-kg-in-a-couple-of-days-and-keep-it-off-a-year-later.html

Read that then talk more about crash diets. Mostly people never drop any real weight on them or they go straight back to there old eating habits after they do them. Everyone blames the crash diet, not the person doing it, who doesn't understand what to do after they get off the diet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!