ravenous in the evening

Options
Hi. I have been following a food regimen with no problem and steadily losing. I just started building a deck and am out there almost all day working on it, ands still getting my 45 minute treadmill in. The problem is I am starving after dinner, but for things like cheese and buttered popcorn (not the healthy stuff) and I have benn giving into it because I think my body needs the extra since I am doing the extra work. But I know it's not healthy so my question is what can I substitute for the fat since that's what I crave. I eat alot of fiber and that's not doing the job. Thanks.:smile:

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    try a handful of nuts, or mix up some guac (avacodo=great fat source) to have on a few nachos

i find cheese, crackers and some salami or lunch meat to be the best night time snack, but thats my own preference
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Healthy is in the context of a whole diet, not individual foods. If you're getting your required nutrients, there's nothing inherently wrong with any foods. If you enjoy something, don't cut it out. ..fit it in!♡ I eat the bulk of my calories in the evenings because I find I am more ravenous then. I have had zero issues ;P So, stay within your calorie allotment and enjoy!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    There isn't anything wrong with cheese and buttery popcorn. Just fit those into your calories for the day or week. It also won't hurt you to eat at your calories maintenance level once in a while. Give yourself some flexibility without going over your limit.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    nutella on toast with banana is very filling. I also find that having an omelette for dinner fills me up as well. Add some more protein and that should help you.
  • lilystan
    lilystan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I guess it's the cholesterol that's bothering me but as most of you pointed out once in a while is OK. I think my mainterance is 1400 calories a day so I should be able to do that once in a while. Thanks again.