As soon on TV-- Hell, it actually worked products??

Heeeey.

So, I know we've all seen those ridiculous as seen on tv fitness products and as ridiculous as most seemed we all gave in a time or two and purchased it anyway. My question is, have you purchased any as seen in tv fitness products with low hopes and they turned out to actually work? I.E; shake weight, tread climber, hip-hop abs, etc? I saw the AD recently for the air climber and I caved and bought it. Lol. Ill update my opinion on it once I get it.

Replies

• Can't. Edit. Title typo. :(
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Hip Hop Abs is actually pretty good although I, um, obtained it rather than buying it.I did buy Rockin' Body and I liked that, too.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    We used to have an As Seen on TV store next door to my workplace and it just up and moved out. No warning and no mention of where they would move to. I didn't buy much from them, but my step daughter would BEG for stuff she'd see commercials for and when she finally got it, she's get annoyed because it didn't work the way they advertised. She fell for so much of that crap, it was a relief when it was gone. lol

Had some random lady come into my store a couple weeks ago wanting to know where the store went and when I told her they were gone and no idea where they would move to, she got so mad at me! She started whining, "Where am I supposed to by my Sham Wow's now? I am all out! I need my Sham Wow!" She just stood there staring at me like I owed her an explanation than stormed off when I suggested she try Walmart for it.

She was so rude, but now I really want to try the sham wow cloths and see what the fuss was all about.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    I never bought any of the stuff you mentioned, but I was obsessed with the Magic Bullet. I wanted one soooooooooo bad. So I finally got one and the only thing it was good for was smoothies. It just pulverized the hell out of my food (salsa) - OR - didn't cut it at all (chicken for chicken salad)
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    The Ped Egg worked pretty well between pedis
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Perfect Pushups work great.
  • dssheffer
    dssheffer Posts: 1 Member
    I have the Beach Body work out, its tough, it gives you a great workout.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    1. Perfect Pushup - It's great. Simple, but effective.

2. The Rack - I bought it and I have mixed feelings on it. It works for someone who has some degree of common sense. It's not as versatile as they make it out to be in the commercials and the accompanying video workouts aren't all that effective. However, if you treat it for what it is - a dip station, pushup station, and inverted row station, you'll be very happy with it.

3. Body By Jake Tower 200 - It works really well and delivers everything it promises. My only real gripes with it are that it does mark up your door (says it doesn't, but it does), and you have to replace the bands on it every year or so because they can eventually snap on you after a lot of use. It's not pretty when it happens because it leads to a nice welt.

4. Iron Gym - Yes, the original doorframe mounted pullup bar was originally available as an "As Seen on TV" product. So I'm going to list it here. I think if you're going to get it you HAVE to get one that has the extra handles all over the place for the additional grip variations just because your form suffers with the original, more spartan version.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    I have the Beach Body work out, its tough, it gives you a great workout.

Beachbody isn't a workout. It's a brand that makes a bunch of different ones and they can be pretty hit or miss.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    Just bought that Magic Bullet. It's crap.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Sham Wow works pretty well, but you can buy cheapo versions of it that work the same

8C8881134-shamwowguy.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I purchased Tony Little's gazelle glider at a yard sale and used it for about 6 months. It was a good calorie burn.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Sham Wow works pretty well, but you can buy cheapo versions of it that work the same

8C8881134-shamwowguy.jpg

Honestly, anything in the "as-seen-on-TV" category that actually works always inevitably ends up with a knock-off version floating around on the market.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    She was so rude, but now I really want to try the sham wow cloths and see what the fuss was all about.

The sham wow works good. I like them.
  • I purchased Tony Little's gazelle glider at a yard sale and used it for about 6 months. It was a good calorie burn.

I thought about purchasing that! But I already had an elliptical so I didn't. Do you like it better then normal elliptical?
  • We used to have an As Seen on TV store next door to my workplace and it just up and moved out. No warning and no mention of where they would move to. I didn't buy much from them, but my step daughter would BEG for stuff she'd see commercials for and when she finally got it, she's get annoyed because it didn't work the way they advertised. She fell for so much of that crap, it was a relief when it was gone. lol

Had some random lady come into my store a couple weeks ago wanting to know where the store went and when I told her they were gone and no idea where they would move to, she got so mad at me! She started whining, "Where am I supposed to by my Sham Wow's now? I am all out! I need my Sham Wow!" She just stood there staring at me like I owed her an explanation than stormed off when I suggested she try Walmart for it.

Woah! Talk about rude. Goodness. She should've used the shamwow to soak up her attitude. I'm kind of jealous you had a as seen on tv store near you tho. I wish I did. All those gadgets amuse me. Haha
  • I have the Beach Body work out, its tough, it gives you a great workout.

They do T-9 and insanity right? Which one did you do? :)
  • Hip Hop Abs is actually pretty good although I, um, obtained it rather than buying it.I did buy Rockin' Body and I liked that, too.

Haha. Yeah. I usually youtube my workout videos ;)
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    I used the air-climber and climbed myself out of about 40 pounds. It was easy to use once I got the hang of it. After a while it was like not exercising at all.
  • I used the air-climber and climbed myself out of about 40 pounds. It was easy to use once I got the hang of it. After a while it was like not exercising at all.

Ah! So glad to hear that :) I've read so many good and bad reviews. I hope I see some results with it.