Hello fellow shorties! :)

Options
jmunn1129
jmunn1129 Posts: 32 Member
Hello everyone! I'm Jordan. :) I'm currently 5'2 and weigh 172. I'm only nineteen and tired of being "chubby". My entire life I've been overweight, but kept it at 150. Over the past six months, I've put on twenty pounds, and I'm done with it! My goal weight is 120, maybe lower, because I have a very, very tiny frame. I currently eat between 1200-1350 calories. I'd love to have some friends with similar goals, because I feel I'll get the most support that way.

Replies

• dustsettles
    dustsettles Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'5 and I also started MFP on around 1200 a day. I soon felt tired and cranky! Is it difficult for you to eat that few calories? I found out for me, I was eating too little. I'm still a newbie but learning I need to eat more to keep my body healthy and I also need to be more active. After I calculated my BMR, my new goal is 1500-1550 a day!

This is a good site if your interested:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

No matter your goals I am here for support. I also got fed up with being overweight. Before I found MFP I lost 25 lbs slowly over the last year simply by cooking for myself more and being slightly more active- lots of walking! I know you can do this! :)
  • chelsfelt
    chelsfelt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm also 5'2" and I weight 128. I know that's not much but in high school I was extremely athletic and weight 105, so 128 still feels like a lot. My goal is to get under 120, probably somewhere around 118. I just got done with 10 weeks of hard working out and didn't lose anything so now it's back to the diet drawing board. I eat five meals a day, about 1200-1400 calories. I'm vegetarian and have been for several years, and I do a lot of research to make sure I'm getting the right nutrients and macros. My biggest issue is cheating... like if I get too hungry and there's a bag of chips somewhere in the house, boom it's gone in an hour.

Don't give up! I know it's harder to lose weight as a shorty, based on my lifelong experience with being one, but if you cook for yourself and stick to a reasonable meal plan, you'll start seeing results soon :). I've lost and gained the same 5-10lbs. for several years now, and everytime I lose it it's because I'm eating like I am now, and everytime I gain it back it's because I get lazy and start making macaroni and cheese/ grilled cheese for every meal again.
  • chelsfelt
    chelsfelt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Also feel free to add me as a friend :)