Questions about sugars....

Options
I know that eating big amounts of sugar is not good for you... I thought that natural sugars were ok but when i eat an apple it takes up almost my whole sugar allowance.... I usually will eat 2 apples a day for snacks because i love them and they fill me up but that puts me WAY over my sugar allowance... Is this really bad for weight loss????

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I am almost always over on sugar- hasn't been a problem for me. Listen to your body- if two apples make you happy, I'm sure you're fine.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Fructose is the sugar that's in fruit. In normal amounts it's fine, but in high doses it's not good for the body. It depletes minerals, especially copper. But eating two apples a day is just fine. The sugar allowance on MFP is set very low and eating two servings of fruit will always put you over. I wouldn't worry about it. Fruit is very good for you and has lots of fiber and vitamins.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I no longer even worry about sugars, but istead go by "Total Carbs" as it has sugars already incorperated in it along with other things.
  • harley79
    harley79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How do I find out my sugar allowance i ma new to this site?

Tammy